PDA

View Full Version : Cats with amputated limbs

christatedavies
16-11-2009, 06:27 PM
Hi there. I'm new here, and I wanted to share a site with you that I wrote.

Basically, my cat was run over and he had to have one of his rear legs amputated. I found very little information on the internet and therefore we blindly went through this situation.

Afterwards I decided that many other people would benefit from reading what we went through, and I wrote a website/story explaining it.

Feel free to take a look and read his story.

link removed

I've not looked at all the forum entries at this time, so I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue at present.

Thanks Chris

Catkin
19-11-2009, 09:44 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your cat but I hope he is OK now, generally cats with rear amputions seem to cope quite well its when they get to the front its a little more difficult.

We used to have a cat that had to have its front one amputated, it was hard for her but with help and tlc she was fine and happy :-).

Good idea about the website though, it could help people as not all know what to do/how to help.

Hope you'll stick around the forum and even share some photos of your cat :) as I know I'd love to see them!

christatedavies
20-11-2009, 01:50 PM
The link was removed by an over zealous forum owner.

I thought it was a good idea. If anyone wanted to read the site and the story, then feel free to search on google for "cat amputation archie" and you'll find some excellent advice.

Its helped a lot of people so far.

Phoenix
20-11-2009, 09:21 PM
The link was removed by an over zealous forum owner.

I thought it was a good idea. If anyone wanted to read the site and the story, then feel free to search on google for "cat amputation archie" and you'll find some excellent advice.

Its helped a lot of people so far.

Carole's a moderator, not the site owner just to clarify ;)