PDA

View Full Version : r female cats more fussy bout their litter trays then males?

niki71uk
15-11-2009, 07:26 PM
r female cats more fussy bout their litter trays then males?

my older cat(male) has never had a problem,hre uses it regardless if it needs changed or not,but my other cat (female)is the opposite,if hers needs changing,she'd rather pee in the corner of my hall,than use the litter:shock: fortunately ive got laminate,i clean it then spray some GET OFF where she has pee'd

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr tho,he has only ever pee'd where he shouldnt,once,an that was on the day i got him at 4 n half mnths old,an he's now 15

will it ever stop or is it just her way of telling me her litters dirty:roll:

MrsH
15-11-2009, 07:46 PM
My girl is fine with the litter tray, it's the boy who can be extremely awkward! He absolutely has to have a completely clean, fresh tray or he'll go elsewhere. I don't think it's a male/female thing.

Elaine
15-11-2009, 08:18 PM
I dont really have much by way of a comparison, all I know is that Eva is the only female cat I have ever had to date and she is the only one to have had issues about the litter tray.

calismum
15-11-2009, 08:35 PM
Thought about what mine have done, don't think it is a female thing as I've had a mixture of reasons and male/female mix.

shanti - male - if not pristine used under the kitchen table!
pepper, smudge, misty - females - always clean and used box regardless
max, sid - males - always used box regardless
misty - female - if it was hers fine, if another cat had used she'd pee just outside the tray.
sid - male - had occasional lapse - no reason found
shadow and munchkin - females - always used outside, did not need tray.
alfie - male - if a poo in box would use carpet at front door.
kinsi - female - a few misses, but she was only a baby.

dandysmom
15-11-2009, 09:04 PM
No difference between my males and females; but Dandy was very careless about covering poo, would make a hasty scrape in any direction and hop out; Misty, my fussy girl would stare at it in horror, look at it and then at me as if to say "MEN!!", and proceed to cover it herself! It was so funny to see her that I confess I sometimes deliberately didn't scoop it just to see her reaction ...... (bad mom!) :mrgreen:

Phoenix
16-11-2009, 12:00 AM
Dylan's never been bothered by the tray. Beauty didn't like using the litter tray ( think it hurt her paws)