PDA

View Full Version : New kitten...

Sophielianne26
14-11-2009, 02:44 PM
Hello,

We are thinking about getting a kitten :D

Previously only ever had dogs so new to the world of cats. As my partner and I will be at work during the day do you think a cat would get lonely with no company?

Would appreciate any advice you can give! :D

alexgirl73
14-11-2009, 02:54 PM
Hi and welcome to Catsey :)

If you are going to be at work during the day, I would suggets you get 2 kittens. They will be wonderful company for each other and not really any extra work for one more. Secondly, consider getting them from a rescue. Either the CP or the cat and dog home down near the beach would be your bets bet (unless Elaine knows of any others in the Aberdeen area).

Obv you have to buy all the essentials like litter trays, food, bowls, toys etc. then look into insurance, if it would be difficult to find a lsum of money if any accidents occur. Factor in costs for neutering and vaccinations too lol. Honestly, I'm not trying to put you off, just making sure you have all the facts to think about.

Hope to hear all about the new arrival/s soon :)

angieh
14-11-2009, 03:12 PM
I would agree with Alex above - 2 kittens would be great company for each other, you'd have twice the fun and mischief. I would just mention that you might think about "safety checking" your home - kittens can take to chewing cables etc. and make sure any valued bits and bobs are out of harm's way! Please let us know what you decide to do!

calismum
15-11-2009, 03:09 PM
Hi there and welcome. Can only echo good advice given above.

Looking forward to hearing all about your new addition(s)

daniellesdogs
24-11-2009, 11:34 PM
what about an older cat no dirt training and you can let him/her out sooner or an old cat just to ease you in