PDA

View Full Version : Modelling for cats?

princessx87
08-11-2009, 02:27 PM
Hi all,

I am thinking about placing my cats (Storm & Porsha) for modelling assignments. I am thinking for TV ads, Cat products, Pet shops ect..!
But i cant find anything about it online!

Does anyone do anything like this?
Is it easy to get into?

Much help needed please.. xx

Thanks in advance

angieh
08-11-2009, 02:40 PM
How exciting! I found this website for animal actors - I think you'd get more help going to an agency, but I have no experience at all of this and can't offer any advice really - my two wouldn't do anything they were told I'm sure!

http://www.animalactors.co.uk/article_55.shtml

Hope this link is allowed ............. Good Luck, let us know if you go further with this!

smudgley
08-11-2009, 05:17 PM
Hi all,

I am thinking about placing my cats (Storm & Porsha) for modelling assignments. I am thinking for TV ads, Cat products, Pet shops ect..!
But i cant find anything about it online!

Does anyone do anything like this?
Is it easy to get into?

Much help needed please.. xx

Thanks in advance

Why? :roll:

princessx87
08-11-2009, 08:30 PM
Just as a little hobby...

smudgley
08-11-2009, 08:31 PM
fair enough :)

dandysmom
08-11-2009, 09:18 PM
I would think you'd need a cat that was very calm and laid back; one at ease with car rides, strange places and people and the commotion of a photo shoot. All of mine but one would have hated it.

Phoenix
08-11-2009, 10:24 PM
I would think you'd need a cat that was very calm and laid back; one at ease with car rides, strange places and people and the commotion of a photo shoot. All of mine but one would have hated it.

Three out of four with Dylan - he does not travel well in a car at all so I wouldn't and couldn't have him as a cat model.

angieh
09-11-2009, 12:37 AM
I should think it could be very exciting if your animal had the right disposition. I noticed on the animal actors site, they said presumably for animal employers that the animal would be provided with a professional trainer which might mean that the owner doesn't go along with his/her animal. That could be disappointing.

smudgley
09-11-2009, 08:43 AM
I should think it could be very exciting if your animal had the right disposition. I noticed on the animal actors site, they said presumably for animal employers that the animal would be provided with a professional trainer which might mean that the owner doesn't go along with his/her animal. That could be disappointing.

Yes -As far as I know the places are residential for the animals & they don't like the owners there & they teach the animals to do things. Personally I wouldn't let any of my animals out of my sight but each to their own I suppose.

princessx87
10-11-2009, 11:01 AM
I have only been looking into it, Its not going ahead as of yet. As i haven't enough information about it!

There is no way any of my animals will be going anywhere alone! :)

smudgley
10-11-2009, 06:52 PM
I have only been looking into it, Its not going ahead as of yet. As i haven't enough information about it!

There is no way any of my animals will be going anywhere alone! :)

That's good to hear & I am glad you are getting as much info as possible before making your decision, well done. :)