PDA

View Full Version : I am currently being told off

cats' staff
05-11-2009, 04:57 PM
Sigh, I arranged to work at home this PM so I could make sure everyone was home and safely locked in before any bangs start up ( tea break from spreadsheets at the mo- that's my excuse for being on Catsey). Tolly has shrugged and gone to sleep on the bed, Cleo doesn't really go out but Madam (aka Smudge) is stalking around complaining LOUDLY that she is a prisoner. In between the shouting she is sitting behind the laptop glaring and trying to walk across the keyboard.
I love her dearly but if she hits delete one more time we may have words......

dandysmom
05-11-2009, 05:10 PM
I love your stories about the autocratic Ms Smudge .... that is a cat who knows her mind and wants her way!! I can just imagine her "Prisoner of Zenda" act...:mrgreen:

angieh
05-11-2009, 05:12 PM
Oh Smudgey dear, it's for your OWN GOOD. Your staff have your safety and best interests to care for. So glad you are safe and cosy.

May it remain so. I have Kizzy (dozing in Pip's crate) and Pip (curled up on a cushion on a chair next to me) both in my office with me whilst I am doing transcription. I too am having a Catsey Tea Break!

Phoenix
05-11-2009, 09:42 PM
Join the club cats staff :lol: :roll: Dylan was desperate to get our when we blocked the cat flap up (it doesn't lock any more - brother broke it :roll: ) so I took him out on the harness to get the idea into his head that it was too noisy out there :roll:

yola
05-11-2009, 09:47 PM
LOL! That Smudge is deffo the boss in your household . . . and completely ungrateful inasmuch as you've taken time off work to keep her and the others company :roll:

dandysmom
05-11-2009, 09:47 PM
And did he get the idea and want back in?

Phoenix
05-11-2009, 09:49 PM
And did he get the idea and want back in?

After the bangs started DM, he's now complaining that he's got a headache :roll:

cats' staff
06-11-2009, 07:11 PM
I love your stories about the autocratic Ms Smudge .... that is a cat who knows her mind and wants her way!! I can just imagine her "Prisoner of Zenda" act...:mrgreen:
Oh yes she REALLY knows what she wants! Better trained staff I think!

LOL! That Smudge is deffo the boss in your household . . . and completely ungrateful inasmuch as you've taken time off work to keep her and the others company :roll:

No question Madam is in charge.

She is a gorgeous little fluffball who is the most vocal cat I have ever had. If we ever feel low or unwell she is there purring away (6th sense I think) but in return for such fluffy loveliness she does expect certain standards!

PoshPuss
06-11-2009, 08:09 PM
I totally sympathise with you. We have another madam with us !

cats' staff
06-11-2009, 08:15 PM
I totally sympathise with you. We have another madam with us !

Do you think fluffy cats are more imperious?

PoshPuss
06-11-2009, 08:27 PM
LOL! Definitely, all that incessant grooming of the fabulous fur, gives them a distinct air of superiority. The cat's whiskers indeed. :D Posh can be quite distainful if she wants to be, ;)

dandysmom
06-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Do you think fluffy cats are more imperious?

Well, Elaine's Eva is fluffy .... :-D need I say more?

cats' staff
06-11-2009, 09:59 PM
Well, Elaine's Eva is fluffy .... :-D need I say more?

Hmm, do you think that there may have been a fluffy super-posh-diva-madam ancestor who gave birth to super fluffs?

dandysmom
06-11-2009, 10:51 PM
Lol, I think that they're just doing what comes naturally! Some of them seem to remember better than others the golden old days in Egypt when they were woshipped!

angieh
07-11-2009, 12:18 AM
And our three, Eva, Smudge and Posh are all female fluffs! They really are Divas aren't they?

dandysmom
07-11-2009, 12:51 AM
I do wonder why there seems to be no male cat equivalent of a diva....:smt017:

angieh
07-11-2009, 12:40 PM
Is the operatic equivalent Maestro? Sounds so much more respectful.

dandysmom
07-11-2009, 05:20 PM
None of my boy cats were ever diva-ish (drama kings?) Odd.

cats' staff
08-11-2009, 08:42 PM
Tolly certainly has a different approach but does get his own way too. He makes sure we know exactly what he wants. For example, if he wants food he simply sits neatly in front of an empty bowl and waits. If staff enter the kitchen but don't instantly fill the bowl he glares so hard I swear you can feel his eyes boring into you! If we have fish and chips he sits on the spare chair, again very neatly, and stares. If he wants out, he sits in front of the locked cat door and (you have guessed it) glares. Smudge is 'madam' but Tolly is 'his lordship' (poor Cleo's nicknames is Goofy but she has a totally different character to the others).

dandysmom
08-11-2009, 09:03 PM
Loved that story about Tolly! Reminded me of Sultan, who was the most imperious cat I've ever known. He knew the world revolved around him and expected only the best; he too didn't do the meowing and grumbling bit ...just the cold insistant glare until he got his way. Brothers under the fur!