PDA

View Full Version : Another arrival.

farthing
04-11-2009, 04:05 PM
Well, it looks like another cat may be coming, from the same rescue as the guinea pigs. She is a 12 year old cat who has suffered neglect at the hands of her owner, who had mental health problems. The owner has now died and Fluffy is having to be found a home, problem is she is suffering from an uncontrolled over active thyroid, which is making her difficult to rehome. The rescuer has been told by the council (in a council house) that Fluffy has to be rehomed within the next week, so unless a more suitable home appears, Fluffy will be coming to live with us!:shock:

calismum
04-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Poor Fluffy, what a confused life. I do hope that she has her problems resolved and things get better for her. When will you know?

Moli
04-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Poor girl..........Bless you Farthing for helping....

angieh
04-11-2009, 09:00 PM
Poor Fluffy - hope you will be able to bring her some stability and a happier life. Know you will try your very best for her.

farthing
05-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Poor Fluffy, what a confused life. I do hope that she has her problems resolved and things get better for her. When will you know?

It looks pretty definate that Fluffy is coming to stay. I've asked the rescue to have her FIV/Felv tested. She has been an outdoor cat so I think it is better to find out before she comes. If she is FIV positive I will try to introduce her to Tabatha. Everybody is vaccinated for Felv, so I'm assuming if she positive it will be less of an issue. I think she will be here within the next 2 weeks. Jimmy has met all the other cats and the door to his room is open all the time, he is just a bit wary about leaving it, so we will slowly make him leave the room, Fluffy will then move in. We still have to get Jimmy blood sampled to check his kidneys again and look at his thyroid function and then start his vaccines. We will wait for Fluffy's history from her previous vets and get her blood sampled to see where we stand with her thyroid function. Her kidneys are apparently fine, but I might just get her blood pressure checked, maybe at the same time as Smudge.
My head is ina bit of a whirl, we just had to get Charlie,our 6 year old quail, PTS and Rusty the cockeral is back in today as he seems to be gasping again. I also need to organise a vet check to confirm the new guinea pig is pregnant- don't think she has seen a vet yet- and find out how far on she is.
We have changed the piggies names from Bobby and Betty to Nutmeg and Tansy- what do you think!

angieh
05-11-2009, 03:40 PM
Nutmeg and Tansy sounds quite tasty!

calismum
05-11-2009, 10:02 PM
Yes, lovely names.

Your animals are giving you quite a time of it just now. Hope Fluffys results are good.

farthing
05-11-2009, 10:19 PM
Yes, things are being a bit hectic at the moment, but winter is always a bad time.
I did get a bit of a fright when I looked up ages for some of the animals- the average cat's age- including Fluffy is 13.5 years old.
I have 3 x 13 year old sheep.
Pepper the goat is 13, Jack is 12 and Primrose and Bluebell are 11, and I think Violet is in that age group as well.
I hadn't even realised that Jessica and Treacle the rabbits are 6.
So when you start looking at ages and conditions, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that I am in the vet so often.

I have booked Rusty in for an op again to remove the fungal growth in his throat. He recovered very well from his op and because he isn't even halfway through the time ecommended for his meds, we decided to carry on trying, we think it is the right thing to do- even Rusty is 6, a reasonable age for a chicken.