PDA

View Full Version : masie staying away

randa365
03-11-2009, 10:12 PM
hi all can anyone help me masie my burmese cross had kittens in the summer and we kept one little boy called paddy,so we had masie spade, and now she wont come in the house and if she see's paddy she spits at him, im so worried now that winter is coming what can i do .

kado
03-11-2009, 11:09 PM
Hello and welcome. Is there anyway you could put paddy into a different room. Has she recentley being speyed as that might be a cause of it. My cat also a maise had a litter in the summer and we are keeping them all and she is fine with them she just attacks the others if they fight. I know aggresion does happen with mother and kittens as my neighbour has the same problem.

dandysmom
04-11-2009, 02:52 AM
Hi, Randa, Does she stay outside all the time but come in for meals? Is Paddy outside too? I don't think the spaying had anything to do with her aggression to her son now. Does she seem to be in good health otherwise? How old is Paddy now? Need a little more info before speculating .....

randa365
04-11-2009, 09:35 AM
hi paddy is 7 months now and very big ,he is out side but comes in when he wants through the cat flap ,masie has the same option but i dont see her in at all and i dont think she is coming in for food ,but i see her out side and she is all over me and looks in good health ,do you think someone is feeding her ? thank you

dandysmom
04-11-2009, 05:01 PM
That's a definite possibility if she's looking well and healthy. Have you tried bringing her in and closing the cat flap? Are you offering her food outside? How is Paddy reacting when she threatens him? If she were inside I'd suggest trying a Feliway diffuser to calm her and Paddy; that does take a while to be effective; no good if she won't stay indoors. I do wonder if she had some sort of bad experience indoors with him and that has put her off being inside...???? Quite a puzzle.