PDA

View Full Version : Can we have your prayers please?

Midnight
03-11-2009, 10:36 AM
:cry: Lucky was run overlast night & it's not looking good. Just before 7pm a man knocked our door asking if we knew anyone who had a black kitten as it's been run over. Lucky is so small that she is easily mistaken for a kitten. I flew outside & it was her. The man told me what make of car it was & what colour, but there's nothing I can do with that info. He said the kitten was going around in circles on the road & dragging her back legs on the floor. She was bleeding badly from her rear so we just got in the car & drove straight to the emergency vets in Bridgend. We even had to take the phone book with us for the number for directions, we just wanted to get there as fast as we could.

The nurse said it's worrying as she's bleeding it looks from her bladder & they don't know how bad it is. they cant x ray as the anaesthetic in her current state would kill her. We just have to wait through the night & see what she's like in the morning. It all depends on how badly the bladder is injured, sometimes they are able to repair, other times it is too bad & there is nothing they can do. Some cats don't make it through the night. She's a feisty lil' princess, she was biting me & clawing me so I'm hoping that's a good sign, that she will fight. All we can do now is wait. We ahve to ring for updates at 10am or if anything happens in the night they will ring us no matter what time it is.

Please pray with us for Lucky, she's only young & has her whole life ahead of her. thankyou

Tink
03-11-2009, 10:40 AM
I have said a prayer for you, take care and let us know how it goes. My heart goes out to you.

Mags
03-11-2009, 10:41 AM
Oh dear, I'm so sorry to hear about Lucky's accident.:(

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Lucky, I do hope she pulls through... (((hugs)))

yola
03-11-2009, 10:51 AM
Oh my goodness, how sickeningly worrying for you. You have all the thoughts I can muster for Lucky - wishing her all the strength in the world.

Midnight
03-11-2009, 10:54 AM
Thankyou so much, I'm sat here waiting for 10am to ring them.

MrsH
03-11-2009, 11:02 AM
I wasn't on here yesterday so I've just seen this. I really hope the vets call with good news for you.

smudgley
03-11-2009, 11:07 AM
Mrs H - it was only posted today.

I do hope Lucky is ok. But why don't people stop when they run a cat over. My cat was run over a few years ago & left in the road, luckily a lovely couple who were passing at the time stopped and phoned me on the number on her tag which I was very grateful of because I would have probably seen her in the road if they hadn't.

vets can do wonderful things these days, so fingers crossed for Lucky.

kado
03-11-2009, 11:12 AM
Lucky is in my prayers

angieh
03-11-2009, 12:31 PM
All healing vibes possible being sent for Lucky.

Midnight
03-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Thankyou for all your messages, she made it through the night. She's passing blood in her urine & has small blood clots, the vets now are going to x ray & see how much damage is done to her pelvis & surrounding region. I have to phone back this afternoon for more updates. I'm praying that it's not too bad & they are able to reconstruct the damage. Poor little cat, the speed bumps the council are putting in this street cannot happen fast enough!

yola
03-11-2009, 01:09 PM
That's good news Midnight. Let's hope the vets are able to help 'put her back together' for you. Please keep us updated and we're all rooting for little Lucky.

Mags
03-11-2009, 01:09 PM
So pleased to hear she made it through the night, poor baby.

Healing vibes being sent to Lucky, I hope the vets are able to help her.

kado
03-11-2009, 02:05 PM
Realy pleased too she made it through the night as well. She is goignt oo be in my thoughts all day now

Tink
03-11-2009, 02:30 PM
I will continue to think of her. I am glad she made it through the night. Sending positive energy to you and your family.

PoshPuss
03-11-2009, 03:07 PM
Just hearing about Lucky, Midnight and you are indeed in my prayers :( Hope its good news soon,and that the damage is repairable. She sounds like a little fighter, so fingers crossed.xxx

Phoenix
03-11-2009, 04:17 PM
You and Lucky are in my thoughts

calismum
03-11-2009, 04:50 PM
Hope things go well. Thinking of you both.

dandysmom
03-11-2009, 05:05 PM
You're indeed in my prayers; hoping Lucky will make it. (((hugs)))

Elaine
03-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Poor kitty, I hope she will be ok and have everything crossed for her xxx

OscarsMum
03-11-2009, 06:55 PM
Thinking of you and keeping Lucky in my prayers xx

HappyKatz
03-11-2009, 07:22 PM
I hope Lucky gets better & recovers quickly *crossing fingers*
Many healing thoughts for Lucky...
We will be praying for your precious Lucky :smt049

cats' staff
03-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Keeping everything possible crossed for Lucky

EmmaG
03-11-2009, 08:25 PM
Got everything crossed here as well!!! xxxx

random
03-11-2009, 08:36 PM
In my prayers, sending my love. x

alexgirl73
03-11-2009, 08:44 PM
In my prayers also, sending love xx

Moli
03-11-2009, 08:50 PM
I have only just caught up with this thread, hopes and prayers she responds to treatment and is on the mend soon......x

tilly
03-11-2009, 08:58 PM
I hope lucky is doing better and will make it through.
(((((HUGS))))
Tilly

Kim
03-11-2009, 11:11 PM
Only just caught up with this. Sending all good vibes and saying a prayer for your dear little cat.

John
03-11-2009, 11:11 PM
Thinking of Lucky...j

Donna
04-11-2009, 10:18 AM
Hope Lucky is on the mend.. keep us updated x

yola
04-11-2009, 12:32 PM
I'm really hoping no news is good news . . .

MrsH
04-11-2009, 01:28 PM

Same from me too, fingers crossed that all's ok with Lucky.

angieh
04-11-2009, 01:48 PM
I hope so too - positive vibes still being sent from here.

dandysmom
04-11-2009, 04:53 PM
And from here too ......

Serena
04-11-2009, 05:21 PM
Do hope Lucky pulls through my prayers are with her, she's still there, this is a good sign, i hope she continues to improve :)

Gaina
04-11-2009, 07:56 PM

Me too, I just logged in and saw this. I do hope everything is ok. :(

Phoenix
04-11-2009, 09:02 PM
Sending prayers and healing vibes from here as well :(

moonstone
05-11-2009, 06:45 PM
Just caught up with this thread:( is there any news:(

Moli
05-11-2009, 06:46 PM
Anyone heard anything??

Midnight
06-11-2009, 02:55 PM
:D Lucky's been allowed home. The x ray showed her bladder is intact, but she has a badly fractured pelvis, she may have a limp & be incontinent now for the rest of her life, she has been allowed home purely on cage rest. I'm just so glad she's ok & now we have to make sure she's comfortable & hope she heals ok over the next 8 - 10 weeks. Thankyou all for your kind messages, it means a lot when you're worried sick about them & worried they are on their way to rainbow bridge. You really are great!

angieh
06-11-2009, 02:59 PM
So glad to hear that Lucky is home. She will need devoted nursing and I am sure that you will find comfort in doing your very best for her. Poor darling - I send all good wishes and positive vibes for her healing well.

OscarsMum
06-11-2009, 03:05 PM
Oh thank goodness she's home and made it through :D

Fingers crossed and prayers continuing for a full recovery.

xx

Moli
06-11-2009, 03:23 PM
So pleased she is home and recovering............x

alexgirl73
06-11-2009, 03:25 PM
I echo angies sentiments completely. healing vibes being sent from this end xx

kado
06-11-2009, 03:36 PM
So glad from me here that he is home.

Mags
06-11-2009, 04:32 PM
So pleased Lucky is home with you...:)

My previous cat broke his pelvis years ago and was also ordered cage rest for a couple on months. We got him a lower litter tray for inside the cage and he used to drag himself into it quite easily.

Lots of healing vibes being sent to her .......x

yola
06-11-2009, 04:41 PM
Oh thank goodness for that! I was beginning to really worry that we hadn't heard. I'm sure Lucky will recover far quicker at home now in familiar surroundings and with people who love her dearly.

dandysmom
06-11-2009, 05:12 PM
That is wonderful news; everyone was pulling for Lucky to make it. Best wishes for her recovery to health, healing vibes still coming! Please let us know how she's doing.

Catkin
06-11-2009, 05:29 PM
Firstly I am so sorry to hear about poor Lucky and about being run over. I can't believe the people didn't even stop even if it was a total accident.

Secondly, so pleased to hear she is OK and has come home for cage rest. I really wish her all the best in her recovery and I hope she'll be OK. She'll remain in my thoughts and prayers.

As a side note, a year or so ago we sadly ran over a cat (by accident as it just sprinted across the road before we saw it or could stop) and we did everything for the cat. We pulled over and searched for it, found it in the builders yard and got permission to go it. Had to go through everything till we found her hidden, had to pull her out even though she bite us etc however we never let go. We got her and rushed her straight to the vets, stayed with her and regularly visited the vets until her owner was found. We searched for her owner by getting it on the local radio and everything. The owner came forward, they were lovely and so grateful that we did what we did as if we hadn't she probably would of died. We got to visit her several times at her home and it was such a relieve that she was OK in the end. Shame more people wont do things like this :-(.

Phoenix
06-11-2009, 05:41 PM
So glad she's home and sending healing vibes to her again

EmmaG
06-11-2009, 06:07 PM
What good news!!! When Arthur was hit by a car a few years ago, his pelvis was separated from his spine, he had cage rest for a few weeks and now is more or less 100% - gets a bit tender there now and again if you keep picking him up but he runs about with no problems at all.

Gumby Cat
06-11-2009, 06:48 PM
I've only just seen this thread, what a relief that Lucky pulled through. I do so hope she will make a full recovery.

And Catkin, what a lovely person you are to take so much trouble over the little cat that you couldn't avoid hitting, you undoubtedly saved her life. If only more people would do that when they hit an animal, whether wild or domestic, it would make such a difference.

random
06-11-2009, 07:00 PM
Great news, will continue to pray for a speedy recovery now she is home!

cats' staff
06-11-2009, 07:06 PM
That is great news. Smudge has pins in her pelvis after an RTA but other than being a bit stiff in wet weather you wouldn't know. Gentle chin tickles to Lucky

PoshPuss
06-11-2009, 08:06 PM
Good news Midnight! I'm sure Lucky will live up to her name ;) Glad to hear she's home.

Midnight
06-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Firstly I am so sorry to hear about poor Lucky and about being run over. I can't believe the people didn't even stop even if it was a total accident.

Secondly, so pleased to hear she is OK and has come home for cage rest. I really wish her all the best in her recovery and I hope she'll be OK. She'll remain in my thoughts and prayers.

As a side note, a year or so ago we sadly ran over a cat (by accident as it just sprinted across the road before we saw it or could stop) and we did everything for the cat. We pulled over and searched for it, found it in the builders yard and got permission to go it. Had to go through everything till we found her hidden, had to pull her out even though she bite us etc however we never let go. We got her and rushed her straight to the vets, stayed with her and regularly visited the vets until her owner was found. We searched for her owner by getting it on the local radio and everything. The owner came forward, they were lovely and so grateful that we did what we did as if we hadn't she probably would of died. We got to visit her several times at her home and it was such a relieve that she was OK in the end. Shame more people wont do things like this :-(.

Sorry to hear your story, it must be awful to run one over, they are so silly sometimes leaving their safe place on one side of the road diving straight in front of the car, I've seen so many near misses. You were fabulous to do what you did! I am so grateful to the guy who knocked our door, she would have died out there in the cold & wet overnight.

dandysmom
06-11-2009, 09:03 PM
Catkin, thanks for sharing that story with us. If only more people were like you....
I had no idea so many cats here have had broken pelvises and survived and are OK now.

Midnight
06-11-2009, 09:07 PM
What good news!!! When Arthur was hit by a car a few years ago, his pelvis was separated from his spine, he had cage rest for a few weeks and now is more or less 100% - gets a bit tender there now and again if you keep picking him up but he runs about with no problems at all.

Glad he's ok, thanks or the support.

MrsH
06-11-2009, 09:16 PM
So pleased to hear Lucky is home with you, a much nicer environment than the vets!

(I had no idea that pelvic injuries were treated with cage rest, I assumed an operation, shows how little I know!)

Midnight
06-11-2009, 09:33 PM
I've just been put straight, Lucky's pevis is badly fractured, not shattered :oops: sorry all. I got the word wrong :roll: , she's in the vets tomorrow for her check up so fingers crossed it goes well.

dandysmom
06-11-2009, 10:57 PM
Crossed here! Do let us know the latest.

calismum
06-11-2009, 11:08 PM
So pleased to hear she has made it so far and is home.

Hope she continues to do well.

Gumby Cat
09-11-2009, 06:46 PM
How is Lucky now, Midnight? I do hope she is progressing well.

Midnight
11-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Hi all,

http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab238/Midnight_1982/Thankyou.gif for all your support!

She's doing well :D , her check at the vets went ok. He didn't do much as he didn't want to pull everything back out of place as it's only being held together with muscle at the moment, they haven't operated at all & are letting her heal naturally as she's only a year & a half (ish) old. He just felt her either side & put her back in the basket. She will probable heal in about 6 weeks give or take & wants us to pop in every 7 - 10 days so he can check she's doing well. As long as she's eating & it comes out the other end she's doing fine. She's fed up already though & pacing back & forth to come out of her cage & I caught her jumping down from the smaller cage inside the bigger one yesterday so that has to stop, think I should maybe take it out & let her stay inside Rocky's big one, the kittens are seeming to leave her alone now. Here she is:

http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab238/Midnight_1982/Moggies027.jpg http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab238/Midnight_1982/Moggies028.jpg

angieh
11-11-2009, 02:47 PM
Little poppet - glad she is doing well. When there was a worry that my kitten had injured his leg, the vet suggested putting cardboard up inside the crate so he couldn't climb up the bars - wondered if that would help at all.

Gentle cuddles for Lucky.

yola
11-11-2009, 04:08 PM
How heartwarming to see those pictures! I'm delighted that Lucky is looking so well and already getting bored . . . definitely a positive sign!!

dandysmom
11-11-2009, 05:25 PM
Oh what good news! Lovely to see her: she is a lucky cat indeed!

Gumby Cat
11-11-2009, 06:05 PM
She certainly is a lucky little Lucky! :)

OscarsMum
11-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Oh she's so beautiful and such a lucky girl.
I hope she heals well with no further problems.
Gentle chinrubs from me xx

HappyKatz
11-11-2009, 07:48 PM
What wonderful news! :-D Lucky is one strong kitty - hope she heals quickly :cat27
Lucky is such a beautiful girl - thank goodness shes okay :smt049

cats' staff
11-11-2009, 09:01 PM
It's great news that Lucky is on the mend- lovely pics of her.

calismum
11-11-2009, 09:04 PM
really pleased - hope she continues to do well.

Phoenix
11-11-2009, 09:10 PM
I'm really pleased to hear she's on the mend! :-D Long may it continue :-D

jan
11-11-2009, 10:42 PM
I only just caught his thread but I am so relieved to read right through and find everything progressing well! Bless little Lucky and she certainly is. I have lost 3 cats to rta s over the years and in only one occasion did the person stop and atempt to find my poor cat - he was nt far away having run up my neighbours drive and dropped dead from massive head injury s but I suppose at least he stopped and asked a few neighbours though he did nt find him. My other two were left in the road - I dread to think what I would do but I would do all in my power to find the poor cat and owner. Anyway, there are decent people out there and Lucky was found by one. Hugs Jan x

MrsH
12-11-2009, 06:18 PM
So pleased to hear she's continuing to do well.

random
13-11-2009, 12:39 PM
So pleased to hear she is doing so well! Hope she makes a full recovery very soon!

tricia1470
18-11-2009, 12:35 AM
Brilliant news so glad she's on the road to recovery

Moli
18-11-2009, 12:49 AM
What a gorgeous girl, so pleased also she is ont he mend...........

Catkin
19-11-2009, 09:24 PM
And Catkin, what a lovely person you are to take so much trouble over the little cat that you couldn't avoid hitting, you undoubtedly saved her life. If only more people would do that when they hit an animal, whether wild or domestic, it would make such a difference.

I wish they would too :( we live in a rural place and some people drive like morans and then you are just driving along and see the accidents. I do wish more people would stop and do something, I know I couldn't just drive on by and do nothing. I'm a huge cat lover and I do all I can to help cats whether wild or domestic.

Thank you and apologies to the poster - im not trying to hijack your thread honest. Keeping your kitty in my prayers xxx

Catkin
19-11-2009, 09:28 PM
Sorry to hear your story, it must be awful to run one over, they are so silly sometimes leaving their safe place on one side of the road diving straight in front of the car, I've seen so many near misses. You were fabulous to do what you did! I am so grateful to the guy who knocked our door, she would have died out there in the cold & wet overnight.

Thanks and yeah it is awful, heart breaking. I just wish there were more people around that would do something because they could save a cats life or at least (if the worst has happened :( ) put the cat owners mind at rest.

Thank god the guy knocked your door, its good to know there are still some out there that care :-) and its something that as much as you hope never happens that someone would do that if they came accross a cat in need of help.

Thinking of you *offers hugs*

Catkin
19-11-2009, 09:35 PM
Awww she is such a sweetie, sends her get well vibes and virtual soft cuddles. Thanks for sharing some photos of her with us.

I know it must be so hard for her in the cage but at least its not forever, not that that helps her any. I remember seeing the cat we accidenitally knocked over as she also had to have some cage time, i know she found it hard but once she was out she forgot all about it and was happy again.

My only suggestion to help, do you have a smaller one? as much as it means a little less space that can sometimes be a good thing. If i lived closer to you I'd lend you mine. However you'll find that some cats, no matter what the size will still not stay still and try all the things Lucky is doing.

Thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed for Lucky *sending loads of healing vibes*

take care of yourself xxx