PDA

View Full Version : New arrivals to the family.

farthing
01-11-2009, 11:36 PM
We have been asked by a local rescue, which is closing down, to take in 2 guinea pigs, a male and a female. The female is pregnant and is due at the end of November. We pick them up tomorrow night, as I want to get her settled well before she has them. I'm a bit scared, we've never had babies born here before, the youngest previous to that was 4 day old guinea pigs. They will be the first births we have ever had. The mother is 2 so I am hoping she manages to give birth naturally, should be OK as we have been told she has had a litter before.

Moli
01-11-2009, 11:38 PM
You will be fine Farthing sure of it....Lucky piggies coming to you...Hope to see pictures once they have settled in.........

Elaine
02-11-2009, 02:43 PM
Oh bless, I love piggies.

farthing
02-11-2009, 09:50 PM
They are home, I hope the journey hasn't stressed mum out too much.
They are settled down in the room we set aside for George, the african grey. Sadly George died a few weeks ago, before he came to us. The room now contains- the bluebirds, rats, ancient quail- Charlie and the new piggies room. It was also supposed to be the TV room, so we could spend time with George, but we are rapidly running out of space.:lol:

calismum
02-11-2009, 10:13 PM
Hope they settle in well. Used to have GP's in my teens - great wee animals, very clever.

angieh
02-11-2009, 11:59 PM
Nice creatures - I love their feet!

Photos please once they've settled in :D