PDA

View Full Version : Please take care!

Mags
01-11-2009, 07:26 PM
It's that time of the year again......fireworks, sparklers and huge bonfires. This week will probably be full of fireworks being let off every night..:roll:

Most of the accidents at this time of the year happen to children and pets, so please take care with your little ones.

Also, make sure your all animals are safely indoors after dark. Every year animals suffer physically and mentally during November as a result of noisy firework displays and inconsiderate people. Turn the radio or television up louder to help drown the noise of what's going on outside...

Enjoy yourselves but please stay safe everyone!:grin:

pcspik
01-11-2009, 07:29 PM
Thanks for posting. My two are indoors only, but Tigger hates fireworks. Last year because I had no idea I did nothing (except put the telly on), this year she has had for a couple of weeks a Feliway diffuser on & Rescue Remedy.

PoshPuss
01-11-2009, 08:40 PM
Sadly, but thankfully, my old collie is deaf to it all now, but was very anxious at this time of year, Posh isn't perturbed at all. In fact she goes into the window to observe the lights.
Both are indoors tho, and I encourage other cat owners to do the same over this time of year. I've heard of some sadistic happenings to cats in particular :( ... makes my skin crawl, what some people can do.

kado
01-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Thanks for given us a warning. I usualy try to keep them in but kado tries to escape i will have too try harder. I dont think maisey will like it because she hates any noise and either runs away or trys to attack it

Mags
01-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Cassie is always locked in by 4.30pm at this time of the year .....I don't allow her out at all on winter evenings.

Kazz
01-11-2009, 09:19 PM
I never allowed Oz out after 4 this time of year...Cleo never went out anyhow...they were allowed in the garden under supervision for a wee etc.. but the weekend before and after if 5th Nov was midweek, he was kept in and a litter tray provided which he refused to use...

Sal is not really bothered at all. She occasionaly barks if one goes off if she is in the garden but if her interest is elsewhere like a ball or kong she is not fussed.

Moli
01-11-2009, 10:30 PM
My lot are always in by 3 during the winter, and they will stay in...Poor gyp has been given tablets already to calm here down, we have had them going off here for the past few days...

farthing
01-11-2009, 11:30 PM
We are working on getting the pigs and sheep moved to their winter qy=uarters this weekend, there is a new roof waiting to go on the sheep shed and we need to empty the pig pen ( its full of new quail runs waiting to be built). Everybody else is sorted. I suppose if it continues to rain here Guy Fawkes will be more of a damp squib than a bonfire.:lol:

angieh
01-11-2009, 11:35 PM
It'll be an experience for me this year - \I don't know how my two will react. Pip is not yet allowed out and Kizzy does go out, but not so much these dark evenings. We don't seem to get too many fireworks very close. I have Rescue Remedy to hand in case either gets jumpy.

If you have anything to do with bonfires, please remember to make sure that no hedgehogs have crept inside to hibernate.

pcspik
08-11-2009, 05:05 PM
Well last year was the first year that I had them too.

Anyway the combination of Feliway and Rescue Remedy worked with Tigger (Pickle does not bother about fireworks). She was a hell of a lot calmer.