PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite ice cream

Kazz
29-10-2009, 05:04 PM
Maybe not the time of year for the question but it can be eaten any time whats your favourite brand/flavour.

Mine is rum and rasin and is now the sainsburys taste the difference...pure heaven.

angieh
29-10-2009, 05:08 PM
I like Loseley's Strawberry - complete YUM.

Used to really like a variety of Maple Walnut ice cream years ago - haven't seen it around for ages.

Mags
29-10-2009, 06:15 PM
My favourite is one that I tasted for the first time in Egypt ....... Movenpick (Swiss brand), it's so full of flavour and really delicious. Unfortunately the only place I've seen it in this country is in Torquay.

A close second has to be Carte D'Or LavAzza Latte Macchiato.

dandysmom
29-10-2009, 07:50 PM
Ben and Jerry's vanilla with hot fudge sauce!!! Hold the whipped cream and cherry.

Tanya
29-10-2009, 08:07 PM
I love banana flavoured ice-cream .... I only ever have it when I am on holiday! ;)

HappyKatz
29-10-2009, 08:29 PM
Good idea for a thread! :-D

I like plain vanilla ice cream topped with warm fudge...yum!

dandysmom
29-10-2009, 08:49 PM
Good idea for a thread! :-D

I like plain vanilla ice cream topped with warm fudge...yum!

We share something else then besides a cove of cats! :D

EmmaG
29-10-2009, 09:29 PM
all of them!!! not a fussy eater really.

Bailey's icecream is quite good :-)

EmmaG
29-10-2009, 09:30 PM
My favourite is one that I tasted for the first time in Egypt ....... Movenpick (Swiss brand), it's so full of flavour and really delicious. Unfortunately the only place I've seen it in this country is in Torquay.

A close second has to be Carte D'Or LavAzza Latte Macchiato.

Mags - Tescos do sell the Movenpick icecream I have bought it for the OH

Mags
29-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Mags - Tescos do sell the Movenpick icecream I have bought it for the OH
Do they Emma?:shock: maybe it's selected Tesco's as I've never seen it in the one I go to:?

EmmaG
29-10-2009, 10:17 PM
Well they use to sell it at our local one - haven't looked lately

They had Maple, strawberries and cream, vanilla and also chocolate.

Also a local deli also sells it. Do you have any local deli's to you Mags??

EmmaG
29-10-2009, 10:26 PM
Mags, try this link, if you go to the point of sale part you might be able to find a stockist near you.

http://www.movenpick-icecream.com/

yola
30-10-2009, 10:57 AM
I like fresh fruit ones - especially the ones they do in Italy; black cherry, peach, watermelon . . . .but fave has to be black cherry :D

I tend not to eat ice cream at home much . . . but did over-indulge last summer whilst on holiday ;)

MrsH
30-10-2009, 11:16 AM
I'm not a great ice-cream lover but I'll never forget my first visit to France as a student, seeing those displays with oh so many varieties at a time (late 60s) when ice-cream in UK was vanilla or maybe Neapolitan (vanilla, strawberry and chocolate bands) Every day I had a different one, loved the peach one, learnt that cassis meant blackcurrant, hated the grapefruit one etc.

My favourite became pistachio, I think there was something a little bit outrageous in eating green ice-cream! So, whenever I'm in Europe, I make a point of having pistachio for old time's sake.

angieh
30-10-2009, 12:35 PM
That's a great way to remember happy times, MrsH! Green ice cream is a bit, well, decadent!

Every year I think about buying an ice cream maker, but so far I have resisted! I also do not generally have it in the freezer as temptation would be too great and only eat it on holiday or day out as a special treat.

dandysmom
30-10-2009, 03:56 PM
I'm generally the same; don't keep it on hand as I'd eat it. In fresh blueberry season I do love to get a pint of vanilla and mash up the fresh berries in it ..... aaah!

angieh
30-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Lovely thoughts of summer ............ !

farthing
30-10-2009, 11:43 PM
I'm not a great ice cream lover either, but I must admit when in Rome, I enjoyed any flavour i got.:oops:

Kim
01-11-2009, 06:57 PM
I adore coconut ice-cream. Some of the larger Tesco stores sell in, in their ethnic food dept. Yum!

Phoenix
01-11-2009, 09:52 PM
Mint choc chip and raspberry ripple ... heaven!!! :D