PDA

View Full Version : Changes in behaviour

Phoenix
28-10-2009, 09:31 PM
Since yesterday evening Dylan seems to like sleeping at the top of the stairs :? He's also been really jumpy today as though something's scaring him :?

If you walk into a room when Dylan's in it since this evennig he'll react like Beauty used to by jumping then scarpering :?

Any idea why he's being like that? He's still perfectly OK in every other way, pleads to be picked up and cuddled as usual, greedyguts with his food as usual and there's been no other changes :?

angieh
28-10-2009, 10:10 PM
I really don't know RCR - I have received my copy of Dr Fox's book and am reading through it. If I find anything about changes in behaviour, I'll post. Something has scared him, that seems sure.

calista24
05-11-2009, 02:11 AM
Hope he's okay again soon ;)

Could he have been spooked by a firework outside as there are so many this time of year?
Also, with the change in temperature, is it just warmer at the top of the stairs?

Our little tinker occasionally goes up there for a sleep for an hour then comes down to us .... hopefully it will pass

Phoenix
05-11-2009, 03:09 AM
It was end of october that he was like that. Fireworks don't bother him, he'll just lay down ignoring the noise. It's getting less frequent him being at the top of the stairs and he's no longer jumpy.

dandysmom
05-11-2009, 05:14 PM
Sometimes they just change their routine and sleeping place for no discernable reason. Can't guess why the sudden jumpiness occurred .....

angieh
05-11-2009, 05:17 PM
Cats are hugely sensitive to all sorts of things we cannot hear or see, let alone smell. Anything really can spook them and if whatever it was goes away, they settle again quite quickly. I am glad Dylan seems to have got over whatever it was!

Phoenix
05-11-2009, 09:40 PM
I still have no idea what got him like that, at the moment he's sleeping in the sitting room with his paw over his head as if to block out the noise of the fireworks.

tricia1470
17-11-2009, 10:07 PM
He's had a fright as for most cats they go to a vantage point high up when scared as I supose they feel safer in the knowledge they can see more and can run before the thing scaring them can reach them. My Ozzy used to sit on the top of the kitchen cupboard in the early phase watching and listening the new enviroment, I have really tall cat scrathcers now from him, as he still likes to go up high if new people come in.

Phoenix
20-11-2009, 09:21 AM
He's stretched out at the top of the stairs again, been there all night :roll:

angieh
20-11-2009, 10:43 AM
Wonder if air flow up the stairs is something Dylan likes .......

Phoenix
20-11-2009, 04:33 PM
Or it's a case of neh neh neh neh neh I can see you but you can't see me :lol:

Leesy
27-11-2009, 12:17 AM
Maxi can somtimes act as if he has had a fright at times and sleep in various places that he dosen`t usually sleep in.
He soon gets over it and gets back to normal abit like how Dylan has done, I somtimes wonder if he has seen a ghost LOL:roll: