PDA

View Full Version : Ferret Giving Tree 2009

Tink
22-10-2009, 06:10 AM
I don't know if this is okay to post. If not, mods please remove and accept my apologies.
In spirit of the holiday season, every year there is a Ferret Giving Tree. This is a chance to be "Santa" for ferrets in need all over the country and only shelter operators are allowed to post their ferrets that need help in order to have a happy holiday.
Here is the link, click on each tree and each picture to read their stories. I will warn you some of them are very sad.
No pressure, this is just in case anyone is interested. I am not part of this site, just spreading the word for a good cause and you can do with it what you will.
http://www.ferretgivingtree.com/index.php
I've talked to some other people who did this last year. They said they had a great experience and some even got to see pictures of their recipients with their gifts. I think I will try to budget in a ferret for myself this year. Some of them want such simple things and my heart goes out to these furkids in unfortunate circumstances.
Sincerely,
Tink <3

angieh
22-10-2009, 01:32 PM
I am impressed at this wonderful idea Tink. Don't know if there is anything equivalent here in UK.

Thanks for posting.

dandysmom
22-10-2009, 04:15 PM
That is a great idea, Tink, will give it a look.

calismum
22-10-2009, 05:39 PM
What a lovely idea. Some very sad stories, some people should be banned from even looking at animals for life!

Thanks for helping to raise the awareness.

Tink
22-10-2009, 07:34 PM
Thanks guys. I was worried I'd sound like an advertisement or something but I just wanted to let people know.
On Tree 1 if you read the story of "Toast"..OMG, I started crying.

Tink
23-10-2009, 02:12 PM
I chose to be Santa for Rip on Tree 16 :-)