PDA

View Full Version : What Presents Does Your Cats Bring You!?

CATINAHAT
20-10-2009, 04:36 PM
my cat tiger keeps bringing me sweet wrappers!!! has anyone else cats brought them soemthing unusual??????

Moli
20-10-2009, 05:20 PM
My Oliver used to bring all kinds of things, the worse being dirty disposable nappies!!!!

cats' staff
20-10-2009, 07:39 PM
Previous cats

My childhood cat delivered a dead squirrel -left by the bed so I trod on it getting up (aged 8 I could scream VERY loudly)and a VERY epxensive koi carp

Herod, my first cat as an 'adult' bought home a vacuum pack of bacon, sligtly savaged at one end.

Current cats
Smudge delivers rodents, sadly often dead but occasionaly they are 'liberated' indoors to give the staff some amusement trying to catch them.

Tolly attempted to deliver a weasel last week but was thankfully diverted by OH

Cleo just delivers head bumps, purrs and hard stares

Elaine
20-10-2009, 08:17 PM
Eva doesnt bring me presents, she leaves me messages:lol:

By way of a nice smelly poop:roll: :lol:

angieh
20-10-2009, 10:00 PM
Merlin brought home cold roast potato, dead rind from someone's gammon joint and an ever so dead snake skin. Smudge on one occasion bought in a rat larger than herself and killed it in the lounge. Kizzy brings in birds, mice, voles and shrews. She has learned (I think) to kill them before she brings them in, otherwise there is a good chance that they will be caught and liberated. She has brought in a dead shrew for Pip to play with. Isn't she a kind big sis????

We did have a frog once a long while ago, but I wasn't sure who brought that home.

Oh and the nicest thing was a perfectly alive and well wren, that I scooped up and took down the garden. Put it to perch in cover as high as I could. It recovered and flew off. The nice thing was that I handled the little bird and had a very good look at it.

FayRose
22-10-2009, 07:08 PM
Oooh, goodness there are some strange thing your cats bring you. :shock:

Polly (senior) regularly brings us shrews - as you know cats don't eat shrews - she seems to think the dog and us would really like these. :(
Both her and Jenny have bought rabbits and mice (though they seem possessive about these) and on occasions ..... moles!!
Sadly Biggles offerings are .... slow worms. I KNOW, its awful, but how do I teach him not to?

Tink
22-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Kuan Yin brought me a dead lizard once...that was taken out of her dad's lovely lizard enclosure (anoles). He was a bit ticked off. Imagine my surprise when I laid my head on the pillow and was face to face with it!