PDA

View Full Version : And that was the end of that

smokytopaz
17-10-2009, 11:04 PM
So Raja and Koko got new collars.......... soft flea collars that last for four months. Raja still doesn't really like his, its itchy Mum its annoying mum.... but I still luvs ya. Koko who with her beautiful shiny chocolate coat paraded around in her bright scarlet collar apparently not in the least concerned ....until..... today. This morning after brekkie I saw her running around scatty as all get out with her collar trapped in her mouth and she couldn't move it. Would she let me help her.. not on your life. Anyway after about 20 minutes she resolved the issue and looked quite happy again. Once on my knee I checked it, tightened it up again to about a two finger slack and that was fine all day. You guessed it.......... until........ this evening when once again she got it caught in her mouth and couldn't move it, I couldn't catch her so I walked away for half an hour and came back . The collar is now off, she did it not me. If I put another one on she now knows with a lot of scroggling and wriggling she will remove it. :roll:

I guess we are relying on Spot-on then?:(

kado
17-10-2009, 11:24 PM
Yep. I have never used collars not many of the cats where i live do.

Elaine
18-10-2009, 08:18 AM
Oh dear that could have been very nasty. Is the collar elasticated?
I tend to go for a good quality snap release collar.

dandysmom
18-10-2009, 04:01 PM
She;s sending a message loud and clear....no collars, mum!

I've never used them as mine are indoors only.

John
18-10-2009, 10:18 PM
all my cats have been outdoor cats..and I worry they will get caught on something .so I dont use collars

farthing
18-10-2009, 10:22 PM
I don't use collars anymore, but most of my cats stay in the home now.