PDA

View Full Version : Dogs on leads

kado
11-10-2009, 03:01 PM
With us not having a dog i dont know the answer. The next door neighbour let her dog of the lead again this morning just before she got home. It chased guinness into our garden. The dog isnt dangerous with cats but its the chasing i am concerned about. Is it allowed to let your dog be of a lead even when its with its owners. The owner had too come into our garden to get it too move off.

Kazz
11-10-2009, 03:07 PM
I know dogs have to be under control.....I personaly wouldn't let my dog chase anyone's cats/dogs/animals....let alone my neighbours....why not have a word with your neighbour and say "I know the dog means no harm but the cat doesn't and he's getting nervous" or words to that effect.

Try the gentle approach before getting heavy.....but dogs do have to be under control and chasing your cat is not under control....

dandysmom
11-10-2009, 03:39 PM
The law here in Washington (varies by State) is that the dog must be leashed unless it's in an official dog park. Thank goodness, before it was passed it used to be quite scary while walking the cats to meet a free roving dog! They scare me too!

kado
11-10-2009, 04:00 PM
I have nothing against the dog but its just the chasing. the daughter does walk the dog and the mother not very much. I was shaking afterwards. It happend about a month ago and the owner's cousin the person that owns the house just stood there and laughed. When he lived there before with his wife they had and German Shephard that bark all day so i dont think keeping a dog under control will bother him.

Kazz
11-10-2009, 05:33 PM
Just have a word a nice word if that don't work I'll loan you Sal for a week (day should do it) and see if they are happy to let the dog run into a cat friendly Staffordshire Bull Terrier - bet the lead stays on then till into the house with the doors shut and bolted. ;)

Moli
11-10-2009, 06:38 PM
My girls are never on leads when we walk, but on saying that, they have been taught not to chase cats etc, think if one of them was prone to chasing, I would put them on their leads...

kado
11-10-2009, 07:02 PM
What i a worried about is we have dog hating cat. When Maisey has been speyed and goes out she will go for any dog. I am going too warn the dog walkers around here to watch out or her hate ot think what she will do too it. Might take the offer up on sal.....lol

jane

calismum
11-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Apart from the fact that they obviously don't consider what would happen if the dog decided to chase a cat in front of a car or knock down a child or someone not too steady on their feet. I think they just don't consider how frightening it can be. It really doesn't matter if the dog is cat friendly, most cats are only friendly to their 'own' dogs.

Maybe a quick word about how frightened the poor wee terrified tiny scared (and any other poor wewe cat words you can think of) cat is might help a bit.