PDA

View Full Version : Washing a cat

calismum
09-10-2009, 11:06 PM
Alfie does not really groom much more than his paws and face. His coat is quite greasy. I don't want to bath him but have seen these 'grooming/washing' wipes. I have been using baby wipes - has anyone any experience of the pet ones?

WOnder if they're pretty much of a muchness.

Mags
09-10-2009, 11:20 PM
When Cassie was younger she came back covered in black oil from somewhere......I bought a packet of pet wipes for cats from Sainsbury's, they are called Quick Bath for Cats and are heavy duty and extra thick, size 8" x 10" pre moistened .....you get 5 in a pack. They didn't remove all the black but I can honestly say it took about 90% of it off. They also contain aloe vera and vits A & E...

They may help Alfie's greasy coat, CM.. :)

calismum
09-10-2009, 11:33 PM
When Cassie was younger she came back covered in black oil from somewhere......I bought a packet of pet wipes for cats from Sainsbury's, they are called Quick Bath for Cats and are heavy duty and extra thick, size 8" x 10" pre moistened .....you get 5 in a pack. They didn't remove all the black but I can honestly say it took about 90% of it off. They also contain aloe vera and vits A & E...

They may help Alfie's greasy coat, CM.. :)

That sounds like it would be better. The baby wipes are so thin. Might get a pack tomorrow and see if it helps.

Thanks Mags

kado
09-10-2009, 11:34 PM
Never used the wipes but realy could use them for kado as he is always coming back with something on his face. Have bathed him which he doesnt like but he will let you do it.

calismum
09-10-2009, 11:36 PM
Never used the wipes but realy could use them for kado as he is always coming back with something on his face. Have bathed him which he doesnt like but he will let you do it.

Just don't want to bath him as he is so thin and I'd really have to dry him well which I think would be quite stressful as he's never had it done to him before.

Used to have to bath a cat I had called Smudge. She used to go under the car and rub herself on whatever grease and muck was under there. SHe ended up being quite laid back about it.

Wil let you know how I get on with the wipes.

Mags
09-10-2009, 11:40 PM
Or you could try these (http://www.petsathome.com/find/category-is-1+cat/category-is-1h+grooming/product-is-15194) from Pets at Home...

angieh
10-10-2009, 12:39 PM
Good luck with the wipes for Alfie, CM. I think you are doing the right thing, not putting him through a bathing. Those P@H wipes look just the thing - useful to have in the cupboard as a standby. I need to go there to get a kitten collar for Pip (standard ones are still too big) and I'll look out for those wipes. Thanks Mags!

dandysmom
10-10-2009, 04:35 PM
Good luck, CM, they sounds as if they'll do the job a lot less stressfully for both!

calismum
10-10-2009, 10:57 PM
Going to PAH tomorrow with my list of food and wipes for Alfie, fish food, chook treats, dog bowl (that Jen cannot upturn!!), dog treats and birthday pressie for my friends dog.

About two hours should do it!