PDA

View Full Version : Tales of Koko and Rajah et al

smokytopaz
03-10-2009, 10:30 PM
Well I have indeed been absent, but hopefully you will all understand, those who remember me anyway.

My lack of attention has been, well I look after my Mum, she has cancer, and this summer has been dreadful. Hospitals, radiotherapy and indeed hospice. But she is better - at least for a while. The cancer is dormant and not active at this time. But however you don't need to know all those traumas.

My little Koko, my feral frightened fearful tiny pussy cat, has turned into the most loving most expressive little siamese I have ever had. I sit down -she is on my knee purring . She loves being stoked, she loves being cuddled. I have to say she doesn't like unexpected hands and she doesn't like being picked up in the Wrong Place. She is still tiny, but with lots more confidence. This is mainly due to to her best friend Rajah who is big and bold both in colour and confidence. He is a big softy though, he is the first into my bedroom in the morning and flings himself with great exhurberance onto my bed for a thorough stroke and tickle. During which he purrs for England! :-D He is a delight and wherever I am you will find the cats following, until just after lunchtime when a serious afternoon nap is in order.

I am still immensely grateful to you guys for helping me deal with wee Koko.......:-D

dandysmom
03-10-2009, 10:50 PM
What a lovely coincidence; it was just yesterday that we had mentioned the people we missed who hadn't been posting for a while ...you among them ...and here you are! I'm so sorry to hear about your Mum; hope all goes as well as possible; so very hard for you.....

We haven't seen the lovely KoKo and huge Rajah for ages, so pics are definitely wanted, please! Again, happy to see you back!

smokytopaz
03-10-2009, 11:07 PM
Oh thanks DM! What a nice welcome! I honestly haven't taken any pix this whole summer, but I will get my camera out!

The pair of them have been a solace - they don't ask questions they just purr and cuddle up when I am tired and defeated.... and they make me giggle. They can be soooooo naughty! Normally its Rajah who leads the assault then sits and looks at me with his big green eyes full of innocence! Last thing was a new passion for putting ping pong balls in the water bowl! Such Fun! Such a mess! Not me Mum. Lol!:lol:

dandysmom
03-10-2009, 11:40 PM
Oh I know, they can be such an unbelievable comfort when you're down; been there, done that! And don't you love that wide-eyed innocent look? "Moi ? Surely you jest!" It's the usual very quiet Saturday here, sure the others will be on to say Hi and welcome back. Leia sends purrs to your two (or she will when she's finished her dinner. Guess who eats first in this house?) :mrgreen:

alexgirl73
04-10-2009, 09:32 AM
how lovely to hear from you again :) cats are a wonderful comfort in difficult times, and it sounds like yours have performed their duties brilliantly. So glad to hearlittle Koko has come out of her shell, and that Rajah is as lovely as ever. ((hugs)) hope your mum continues to improve.

Mags
04-10-2009, 10:22 AM
Welcome back Lynda, it's good to hear from you again..:D

Sorry to read about the your Mum, I hope she continues to improve ........ it must have been a very worrying summer for you. It's good to hear Rajah and Koko have been such a comfort to you through these hard times...

Moli
04-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Good to see you back....
Sorry to read about your Mum......

angieh
04-10-2009, 02:28 PM
So glad to see you back! As dandysmom said, we'd been mentioning people that were missed on the forum and your name came up! I do agree that cats can be such a solace. Just having their comforting presence around can make a huge difference - I am so glad that you have found Koko and Rajah to help you in this way. And they are so cheeky and make you laugh and smile at their behaviour.

Yes please, photos!