PDA

View Full Version : Guinness help

kado
03-10-2009, 01:06 PM
Guinness has always being a bully but now its getting out of hand. He keeps attacking kado every oppotunity he can he realy goes for him. Then maisey joins in and attacks who ever she can. Its nothing to do with the other cats he just hates kado. Its got to a stage now its not fair on the others so we are thinking about finding him a new home. I dont know what else i can do. OH is not herself at the moment and i am at breaking point and had enough of all the hassle.

angieh
03-10-2009, 01:39 PM
I'm sorry to hear about Guinness' behaviour Jane. It sounds as if you are coming to the end of your piece of string ...... I know that you would not even consider re-homing him if there was any alternative. I'd go ahead and see if you can find somewhere - he may need to be an "only child".

kado
03-10-2009, 01:54 PM
He normaly is ok but its when he has a bee in his bonnet. He always hated kado since kado got his claw stuck in his tounge when he was a baby. Guinness is a softie so i just dont understand why he does it. He doesnt fight anyother cat its just kado. Kado in the past has got him back but thats not very often. I realy do love guinness to bits but i have the others to consider. I will give him a month to see how he is and also take him to the vets to see if they can help i realy dont want too give up on him

angieh
03-10-2009, 02:02 PM
Have you tried Feliway or Rescue Remedy?

kado
03-10-2009, 02:11 PM
Feliway is going to be too expensive for us. Ive heard of Rescue Rememdy but what is it.

angieh
03-10-2009, 02:36 PM
Yes, Feliway is expensive, but Rescue Remedy isn't - can't remember exactly how much. It is a flower remedy by Bach - there are many varieties, but the Rescue is made to "comfort and reassure" (it says on the bottle). It is made for people (you might like to try some yourself) but is safe for animals. Either put a couple of drops in the water bowl or, I've found rub it on your hands and they onto a cat's ears. I found that works to calm very nicely. May or may not work, especially as Guinness and Kado have a history of not getting along, but worth a go.

dandysmom
03-10-2009, 04:33 PM
I was going to suggest the same as Angie. Do try the Rescue Remedy as a last chance to calm Guinness down. (((hugs)))

kado
03-10-2009, 05:18 PM
Thank you both it does help. I had to let kado out just so he could get some peace. Went into the shop and just comented if they had any more cat food that was on offer, they only had the gravy the owner said it wasnt his fault that they didnt like it. I know why he said it kado had been sat under the owners sisters car and wouldnt move it had been raining. She said if i dont want kado to get run over i should keep all my cats in. I did cry because of what has happened today but didnt let the owners see.

Donna
03-10-2009, 05:24 PM
I know the vets can give you something for stressy cats... not sure of the name, but its a tablet or powder to put on food... it might make him more "calm" in all instances and not strike out?

ETA:

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=149_427&products_id=2094

link for what I was talking about!

pcspik
10-10-2009, 10:14 PM
Feliway is going to be too expensive for us. Ive heard of Rescue Rememdy but what is it.

Feliway can be bought (it doesnt need a prescription) online much cheaper than the vets. I bought one and paid £13.69 for an refill (I have an diffuser).

Holland and Barratt sell a 20ml bottle of Rescue Remedy for £6.99, Boots charge £7.14. You need the liquid, as anything else is unsuitable. We use it a lot in our branch of Cats Protection (a bottle a week) and put 4 drops in their water per day.

kado
10-10-2009, 11:15 PM
I complety forgot to look for it. Ive got to go into town next wk and i will pop in too see if they have any.

John
13-10-2009, 06:47 PM
just been reading this very interesting thread..as i have said on other threads next doors kitten is coming into my house all the time as next are always away..ie they went away sat morning it is now tues evening and they are still away..but the kitten keeps attacking Tommy..which leads to many fights hisses and spits..Im thinking this may be good to put into there drinking water and calm them down..what do you think ?????

dandysmom
13-10-2009, 07:55 PM
I think that's an excellent idea, John; certainly worth a try; also the Feliway dispenser. That poor little kitten: do you know his name?