PDA

View Full Version : Bit bad news...tinged with good

Kazz
26-09-2009, 07:31 PM
If you recall my Dad had stomach ulcers and a stomach "bug" bad gutty things....:roll: ...in his stomach.....a few months ago he was given tablets and the ulcers cleared up greta he was discharged after his next visit but the Doctor a lovely lady said for him to go for a biopsy "to be on the safe side" but that was a "precaution" only anyhow he was called back yesterday went today while I was at the cat homing show and told he has "cancerous cells in his stomach another biopsy done and he is due for an MRI (he thinks) but the Doctor said if it is worse case senario he is caught early and part of his stomach can be removed and "happiness.....:-D ... so a bit of good and bad news in one bad its there at all but good its early and caught pre-cancerious we are told at the moment....see what happen when you leave them on their own......CHAOS.

You have to bear in mind I was not with them and am relying on my Dad's info....(he is 80% deaf and this obviously this scared him whitless) and Mom's info...minnimal who was in tears as soon as the word Cancer was mentioned... and my brother who took them but by the time he had gone and parked after dropping them off he waited in the waiting room rather than going in they told him so his version is the same as theirs...which I now have OBVIOUSLY....I would have gone in and listened to the results/info...r gone in and seen the Dr when Mom Dad said in the hosiptal but my brother is a lot like my Dad...don't make a fuss..:roll: ...I will be going to all future appointments...

jan
26-09-2009, 07:37 PM
Hi Kazz,
you sound very positive about it all which is the best way to be! I hope everything is sorted out quickly and your dad makes a full recovery - sending healing vibes your way. Jan x

Kazz
26-09-2009, 07:42 PM
Hi Kazz,
you sound very positive about it all which is the best way to be! I hope everything is sorted out quickly and your dad makes a full recovery - sending healing vibes your way. Jan x
Not sure there is any other way........:roll: ....take the good with the bad and smile....oh yes take a note book in to Dr's appointments.

dandysmom
26-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Oh Kazz, I'm so sorry to hear that, but it does sound with the minimal info you have at the moment that it's going to be treatable. Why oh why are men like that about not asking for details from the doctor...my Dad was exactly the same! Prayers are coming for your Dad and (((hugs))) for you.

angieh
26-09-2009, 09:18 PM
It's not only men I think but a generational thing too. My hopes are for a complete recovery Kazz. Positive healing thoughts for your dad.

Moli
26-09-2009, 10:45 PM
Healing vibes to your Dad, Kazz.........

Mags
27-09-2009, 10:19 AM
Sorry to hear this Kazz, I'm pleased it has been caught early.

My best wishes to your family and positive thoughts to your Dad.... (((hugs)))

calismum
27-09-2009, 05:46 PM
Glad to hear the 'pre' word. Hope that the biopsy confirms that and all is well for him. Best wishes winging away to him.