PDA

View Full Version : Your Cat(s) & Their Drinking Water

HappyKatz
22-09-2009, 02:55 PM
A question so we can talk about our cats! :cat27

How do your cats prefer drinking their water?

Do they like it in a bowl, from the sink...? Are they picky with their water?

Our cats have one of those cat fountain water bowls.
They prefer that we put ice in it so the water is nice & cold :cat10
And they all have different ways of drinking from it - from the top, from the side...

Its cute when we wash the bowl, our oldest girl Sliver
will wait patiently until she can have first drinks of the
fresh clean water. She'll sit there for a while just savoring the water :)

During the day, some of our other cats ask for us to put water in the sink for them.
They'll mew at us for it. They get so happy when they drink out of the sink :-D

Phoenix
22-09-2009, 03:34 PM
Beauty used to like drinking out of the bird bath. Dylan likes drinking out of a bowl.

dandysmom
22-09-2009, 04:13 PM
Leia has a bowl downstairs and another in the bedroom which is the one she uses most; almost always has a drink when we get up in the morning. Sultan, my Aby, liked to drink from a leaky tap, and almost all of the others liked to drink from the tiny fishpond in the garden, yuk!

She drinks regular tap water like me; we don't do bottled water.

angieh
22-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Kizzy likes her water from a bowl. She has a deep stainless steel one with a non slip ring on the bottom. I try to remember to change the water at least twice a day, more in the hot weather (what hot weather, I hear UK members ask!).

Pip loves his water best straight from the tap. He also licks water from the sink whilst making sure to get his paws nice and wet, so I can see where he's walked around the work surfaces! I love the look on his little face when he's drinking from the tap. I'll swear that he smiles and sometimes even looks as if he is laughing :-D . I really must try to get a good photo of him - I find it enchanting.

HappyKatz
22-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Wow, its amazing how different cats are, even with how they prefer their water :cat27

kado
22-09-2009, 05:47 PM
I will post a pic of kado in a minute

Mags
22-09-2009, 05:55 PM
Cassie always has a bowl of fresh water next to her food bowl but she much prefers drinking from the bird bath or a puddle!:D

She is not allowed on the worktops so I wouldn't know how she would react to drinking from the tap ............ but I certainly know how my OH would react if he caught her doing it! :lol:

kado
22-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Not the one i wanted but its Kado in a sink its his favourite place he likes sleeping and drinking of coursehttp://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q156/kado_album/3_02112005001.jpg
He hates drinking out of bowls its never liked it.

pinklizzy
22-09-2009, 07:21 PM
That's a great photo!
Imogen shares two water bowls with Kindly-she's never shown any interest in drinking from the tap and as an indoor cat has never had the opportunity to drink from puddles etc. Our new house has a pond so maybe she'll discover that?

calismum
22-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Alfie enjoys the water fountain, especially if there is ice added to it.

He has abowl of water in the utility but rarely uses it.

He enjoys drinking out of the dogs huge water bowl or a puddle. Also drippy tap or water in the bath!

Love that pic of kado btw.

dandysmom
22-09-2009, 08:14 PM
Love Kado's pic! PL, how deep is the pond at your new house?

HappyKatz
22-09-2009, 08:55 PM
Thank you for posting! Such great posts so far :-D
Nice to hear all about your kitties water drinking habits :cat27

pinklizzy
22-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Love Kado's pic! PL, how deep is the pond at your new house?

Ummm, I'm not sure to be honest Eileen! It needs a bit of attention I think but I'm hoping we can get it looking nice!

Moli
22-09-2009, 10:30 PM
They all drink from water fountains, I have 2 bowls of water too, and Merlin loves to drink from the tap...

angieh
23-09-2009, 11:44 AM
Love that pic of Kado - SOOO sweet!

I was thinking of getting a water fountain, but I am now confused about the types! (Easy to do, confuse me atm!)

Phoenix
23-09-2009, 09:12 PM
That picture of Kado is gorgeous :D

kado
23-09-2009, 10:35 PM
I do have a picture of Kado drinking out of the tap but cant find it. I always wanted a fountain for him. Three doors down they have a water feature thats a ball that lets the water fall. Speaking too them the other week and apartenley all the cats in the neigbourhood stands there and drinks from it. He is a real water baby.

Acebikerchick
23-09-2009, 10:59 PM
Ive never seen Willem or Ftumpsh drink the water out of the bowl, i change it every day. I assume there getting water from outside...strange cats....LOL

kado
23-09-2009, 11:30 PM
Video put in video thread