PDA

View Full Version : Cat toys - what do your cats love best?

angieh
16-09-2009, 03:04 PM
This may have been done before, but I got the idea from reading Alex's reply to Erin's post about Caspurr and the laser pen.

What do your cats love to play with and do their favourites change quickly or more slowly? Do you still play with your cats?

Atm, Pip's favourites change nearly every day, but scrunched up bits of paper are winning just now! I've got some nice photos of some of Pip's toys that he was kindly given and I'll post them later - uploading to PB as I type!

Erin
16-09-2009, 03:06 PM
Jerry's absolute favourite toy is the Lazer pen, he goes mad after it.
Caspurr loves the Lazer too, but that cat will play with ANYTHING, one of his favourite games is to pounce and bite the back of you anckle OUCH!!!!! :lol:

Mags
16-09-2009, 03:12 PM
Cassie loves her laser pen and playing havoc in her tunnel!:lol:

Phoenix
16-09-2009, 03:13 PM
Dylan loves his catnip mouse (surprised it's still in one piece :shock: :lol: ) and he likes string sometimes.

angieh
16-09-2009, 03:19 PM
Pip's Mouseketeers!
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc44/angieh_bucket/Pippin/P1020459.jpg

(from left to right grey hairy mouse from our Catsey Liz; white mouse that tweets when its tail is pulled from our vets' receptionist and last but actually first, Pip's mouse that his original people wanted him to bring to his new home. Sweet!

All sitting on the heat pad that Liz also kindly sent. I haven't actually had to use it as Pip is a warm little chap. If you want it back Liz .............. ?!!!

yola
16-09-2009, 03:50 PM
So Angie, are those Pip's squeaks ;) ;) ;)

My oldies don't play much but Balie used to love scrunched up paper above all else. We used to throw balls of paper down the 4 floors of our house and he used to hurtle down to the basement and then come right up to the top floor again with the ball in his mouth :D

Fifi's never really been into playing, preferring to sleep or groom :roll:

Myshka's not too bothered about cat toys - he prefers the boys' playthings. Sebi's Ben10 tent, Dominik's collection of huge cardboard boxes, bashing their toy figures around the place and chasing lego all over the floor.

angieh
16-09-2009, 04:07 PM
So Angie, are those Pip's squeaks ;) ;) ;)

Quite right! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That made me giggle!

PoshPuss
16-09-2009, 04:12 PM
Oh you all have such cutie toys for ya babies :D ;)
I wish Posh would play more but like Yola's la belle Fifi she's far too above that sorta thing :roll:
Sometimes she gets excited by her own shadow and starts to leap about then gets kinda embarrased ... ha,ha! nice squeakies tho,Ang ;)

dandysmom
16-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Leia isn't much of a player, unfortunately. She does like her blue mouse from Liz, and the Wiggley ****** toy, and the occasional grass head on a stem. She's bored with the tunnel, hasn't played in ages in it. And now and again will play with the ping pong ball in a box with a hole in it .....

Edited: sorry, apparently the name of that toy is a no-no!!

MrsH
16-09-2009, 05:40 PM
My cats, especially Molly, used to love her catnip mouse that came with the Felix kitten pack. It was played with hard, the ears were nibbled away, likewise the tail, then monster doggie tore it apart. :cat25

It was replaced with a toy rat from P@H, equally loved, but it doesn't half give you a fright when you catch sight of it on the landing during a middle of the night trip to the bathroom! :smt103

Kazz
16-09-2009, 05:51 PM
Oscars favourite thing to play with ever was a newspaper tent and a newspaper folder/rolled piece of papaer where you hold one end and tease him with the other....Cleo's was always silver foil balls she would sit and quiver when you put them on your knee and say "one,two, three" then she jumped and you had to try and get it past her.
If you flicked before three she would ignore it, and you.

EmmaG
16-09-2009, 06:38 PM
catnip fabric fish here!!

cats' staff
16-09-2009, 07:40 PM
My feet, particularly early mornings when I'm half asleep.....

calismum
16-09-2009, 08:02 PM
Alfie is a lazer pen guy although he does not play so much now. He also used to like to chase balls of foil from choc bars or sweet wrappers, used to sit and demand you finish eating so he could get the foil.

Moli
17-09-2009, 12:11 AM
My boys love the wands with feathery things on the end, and the laser pen....
Meisha has a fluffy ball she carrys around in her mouth and adores her tunnel...

HappyKatz
17-09-2009, 03:38 PM
We have a toy box for our cats filled with whatever their precious hearts could want :smt049
Yet we can't stop buying them new toys...can't resist! :-D

The favorite toys among all of our cats are catnip toys, furry mice, sparkly balls, strings, milk rings, marbles, the laser, & the remote control mouse we bought them recently :)

A photo of their toy box :D
This photo was of Sasha on her first day here...the toy box was Sasha approved! :cat3
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee273/Katz4Life/OurCats183.jpg

Tink
17-09-2009, 06:26 PM
You know that plastic ring you take off the milk carton to open it? They go NUTS over it. More than any toy I've ever bought them, LOL.

angieh
17-09-2009, 06:54 PM
HappyKatz - you totally spoil your darlings! A whole toybox full! Mine get put in a smallish wicker basket!

alexgirl73
17-09-2009, 07:12 PM
As I said previously lol, my cats fave toy is an old garden cane, with some old leather laces hanging off it, taped on with green electrical tape!! They also have a box full of toys, but they never look at them (little brats). Although they do like their organic catnip patch!!

kado
17-09-2009, 09:12 PM
What age do they start playing with toys. Mine have always had them but i want to get the kittens something special to say welcome.

angieh
17-09-2009, 09:47 PM
I don't remember Jane! Pip was already well into playing when I got him at 9 weeks. I suppose as soon as they start independent movement outside their mum's protective lair! A little bit of wool trailed across the floor will soon get them started if they are ready! Lovely - not many things are nicer IMO!

dandysmom
17-09-2009, 09:59 PM
I've never had kittens that young, Kado, so can't say. I imagine, as the chase-and-pounce instinct is pretty much hardwired that it would be when they're walking well. Someone here is sure to know!

SageCat
17-09-2009, 10:12 PM
YumYum is addicted to play! Anything from crinkly bags, toy mice, boxes, pegs, tubes from kitchen rolls etc etc. On the very first day that I got her, I went and picked some fresh catnip, stuffed it into some muslin and tied it into a sausage shape and attached it to a piece of string. She absolutley loved it and still plays fetch with it when the mood takes her! The toy of the moment is a narrow fabric belt from a top of mine ~ and she demands that I play a game with it as soon as I walk in the door. She seems to be inexhaustible in her capacity for play bless her! :lol:

dandysmom
17-09-2009, 10:16 PM
Lucky you! You don['t have to worry about YumYum putting on weight like an inactive couch potato cat that I could name .....:mrgreen: