PDA

View Full Version : Thought I had better explaine a little better...

Erin
15-09-2009, 10:04 PM
My moms tells me she told you that Im deaf in my right ear so I thought I had better come on and explaine exactly what is wrong as just saying Ive gone deaf sounds much more serious than it actually is lol.

I have had an earache (left ear) and bad throat for a few days now, went to Dr's last night, I have laryngitis but she couldnt see my ear drum because there was so much wax.
I have always suffered with my ears ( had a perforation in both ears, had an op on the left ear when I was 16 to repair it as the perforation was extremely large) so the doctor gave me some drops to try and losen the wax so that they could get a better look in a few days.

Anyway was in complete agony last night so went back to the doctors today who still couldnt really see but said that she thinks the pain is being caused by pressure on the eardrum rather than an infection. Im to keep using the drops in both ears and go back in a few days if its not improved so that they can get a proper look at the eardrum (hopefully the ear drops will have removed most of the wax by then).

Anyway, the drops have made me completely deaf in my right ear so they are obviously breaking the wax down.

So, I have an earache in my left ear, am deaf in my right ear and have a sore throat and cant talk properly, great!!

Moli
15-09-2009, 10:07 PM
Blimey Erin you fairly do not do things by halves do you...Hope you start to feel better soon.x..........Good to hear gorgoeus Jerry is settling down....

pinklizzy
15-09-2009, 10:09 PM
Hope you start to feel better soon, ear pain is so nasty!
:hug:

Mags
15-09-2009, 10:10 PM
Oh dear Erin, poor you :( it's all happening to you at the moment, isn't it:(

I hope the drops start to work and you feel better soon (((hugs)))

Erin
15-09-2009, 10:17 PM
Blimey Erin you fairly do not do things by halves do you...Hope you start to feel better soon.x..........Good to hear gorgoeus Jerry is settling down....

I was hoping after the op on my ear nearly 6 years ago and my tonsils out 3 years ago, that would have been the end to my ENT problems but noooooo!! :roll: makes me wander what they did the ops for in the first place lol

Hope you start to feel better soon, ear pain is so nasty!
:hug:

Thanks PL, itss awful isnt it, no amount of paracetamol or ibuprofen helps either :( have been using jerry's heat pad on my ear which helps a little.

Oh dear Erin, poor you :( it's all happening to you at the moment, isn't it:(

I hope the drops start to work and you feel better soon (((hugs)))

Thanks Mags, hopefully this is the worst of it over now!

alexgirl73
15-09-2009, 10:36 PM
oh Erin, you poor soul ((hugs)). No wonder your posts of late on the social networking site that shall remain nameless lol, have been a bit on the down side. Hope you feel better soon hun, and get back to your bright, bubbly, normal self xx

Erin
15-09-2009, 10:38 PM
oh Erin, you poor soul ((hugs)). No wonder your posts of late on the social networking site that shall remain nameless lol, have been a bit on the down side. Hope you feel better soon hun, and get back to your bright, bubbly, normal self xx

Thanks Alex, thats the plan anyway, just as soon as I can talk and hear again everybody will know about it :lol:

angieh
15-09-2009, 10:54 PM
So sorry to hear about your ear problems Erin. I have had bad ear infection in the past (swimming pool) and appreciate the pain it causes. I hope you feel better very soon.

EmmaG
15-09-2009, 10:57 PM
Good to see you back Erin, sorry to hear about the ear problems, I hope they clear soon.

Erin
15-09-2009, 11:00 PM
So sorry to hear about your ear problems Erin. I have had bad ear infection in the past (swimming pool) and appreciate the pain it causes. I hope you feel better very soon.

Thanks Angie :)

Good to see you back Erin, sorry to hear about the ear problems, I hope they clear soon.

Thanks Emma, good to be back actually :)

yola
16-09-2009, 09:51 AM
oh poor you :( Sounds really grim. Still, once the doc can see what's going on hopefully they can get on and treat the problem. It'd be good if just a course of ABs were needed to get you fit n healthy again.

That and loads of rest and recuperation and snuggling Jerry-boy :D

Erin
16-09-2009, 02:29 PM
oh poor you :( Sounds really grim. Still, once the doc can see what's going on hopefully they can get on and treat the problem. It'd be good if just a course of ABs were needed to get you fit n healthy again.

That and loads of rest and recuperation and snuggling Jerry-boy :D

Jerry-boy is being a little poppet today, he's in a very snuggly mood bless him, it doesnt happen too often so Im enjoying all these loves with him sat on my lap :lol: he's a fussy cat but not one for sitting on laps really, he prefers for you to just fuss him and stroke around his ears, so Im feeling rather privaliged today :lol:

angieh
16-09-2009, 02:31 PM
He's probably picked up that you're not feeling well Erin and knows you need some extra comfort! Good boy Jerry.

PoshPuss
16-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Sorry to hear you haven't been well lately Erin. Hope you'll be better soon.x

Phoenix
16-09-2009, 08:21 PM
Hope your ears get better soon Erin :( Dylan's sending loads of snuggles, cuddles and really loud purrs to you to help you recover!

random
17-09-2009, 11:11 AM
Hope you feel better soon Erin, earache is on par with toothache I think, not nice. :(

Erin
17-09-2009, 11:16 AM
Thanks all :)

Yes Kel, earache is nasty!! Just like toothach no amount of over the counter drugs touch it!! Last bad ear infection I had the doctor prescribed Codine, still did nothing :roll:

My throat is much better today, voice still a little hoarse but much better than the past few days. And I can now hear a little better out of my right ear, not totally deaf any more...yay!!! Left ear is still agony though, but cant complain as everything else seems to be clearing up