PDA

View Full Version : Eyebrow threading

EmmaG
11-09-2009, 10:37 PM
Has anybody tried this? Went to Debenhams in Ipswich today and decided to give it a go as I had heard such good reports - well I am amazed, my eyebrows look so well defined and groomed.

The website can be found at www.browlounge.co.uk (http://www.browlounge.co.uk)

catwoman999
11-09-2009, 10:45 PM
Has anybody tried this? Went to Debenhams in Ipswich today and decided to give it a go as I had heard such good reports - well I am amazed, my eyebrows look so well defined and groomed.

The website can be found at www.browlounge.co.uk (http://www.browlounge.co.uk)

Mmmm interesting...
Never tried it. I always do my own lol :cool:
But yeah, looks good Emma.

Moli
11-09-2009, 10:46 PM
Don't think I like the look of that....I get mine waxed...

dandysmom
11-09-2009, 11:59 PM
I am SO out of it, never heard of this. Pluck mine with tweezers when they need it and touch up a bit with eyebrow pencil if they need a bit more definition..

Donna
12-09-2009, 09:16 AM
I have heard of it, but never tried it or waxing etc.. mine are pretty neat so I never bother doing anything with mine lol

yola
12-09-2009, 10:20 AM
There's a stall in one of the malls here offering that, was never quite sure what they did; now I know!

My problem is over-plucked eyebrows which I'm now trying to grow back to something a little more substantial. Problem is they refuse to grow back evenly :shock: So have have to fill in and enhance with powdered shadow on a fine brush . . . I found pencil too harsh as my features are quite hard anyway.

angieh
12-09-2009, 01:39 PM
Completely new to me too! My eyebrows are very slight and I have never done anything to them. Always wondered what eyebrows are for from an evolutionary angle.

EmmaG
12-09-2009, 02:18 PM
Angie my understanding is that like your eyelashes they stop dirt getting into your eyes.

angieh
12-09-2009, 03:05 PM
Which may work if you have a Simian brow and big bushy eyebrows - hmmmmmm attractive!

(did not mean to imply that you have, of course!!! should have said if "one" had!)

random
12-09-2009, 04:04 PM
A very good friend of mine does beauty so she keeps me right on my waxing needs haha. Looks interesting though, is it cutting the hairs rather than pulling them?

EmmaG
12-09-2009, 06:26 PM
Kel, no they don't cut the hairs but they pull them out using the thread, because it is done just using the thread it does not pull at your skin the way waxing does, and it gets the very very fine hairs out, they can also control the shape better than waxing (I am very impressed with the shape and neatness of mine - and I didn't think it would be better than waxing)

Elaine
12-09-2009, 06:43 PM
I used to have mine threaded. It's bloody good, always looked better after threading than after waxing etc.
It was painful but quick. I think it was possible more painful for me as i have such thick hair/eyebrows and very bulbous roots.
Painting a very attractive picture of myself here:lol:

Kazz
12-09-2009, 07:36 PM
Oh yes I much prefer the threading than anything....always had it done since I found a lady who did threading about 5 years ago.

jan
12-09-2009, 08:16 PM
My friend waxes lyrical (excuse the slight pun) about threading and goes regularly to have her eyebrows done. I am very jealous as mine don t grow and having plucked them twenty odd years ago I dont need to have them done. She s jealous of me but I would love to try it. Guess I will have to wait til my menopausal hormones kick in and I maybe grow a beard lol. I still don t understand how they manage to loop up the hairs if they are fine. Jan x

dandysmom
12-09-2009, 08:18 PM
May I ask a dumb question? Why doesn't anyone use eyebrow tweezers?

Elaine
12-09-2009, 08:29 PM

No you may not so put your hand up and wait to be asked:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry Eileen couldnt resist giving a little cheek;)

I use what ever I have to hand, tweezers, wax, blow torch:lol:

I havent been for a threading in ages, never seem to find enough time...

dandysmom
12-09-2009, 08:33 PM
Lol, I asked for that one, Elaine!

EmmaG
12-09-2009, 08:42 PM
Ok I am going to subject you all to a picture of my slap head :-D but also my loverrrrrlllyyyy eyebrows!!!! ;)

Picture is a bit on the wonk!!! (might be my face on the wonk!!!) LOL

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g176/Egarnham/2009_0912eyebrows0008.jpg

EmmaG
12-09-2009, 08:44 PM

I have done for the last 20 years but I could not get a good a shape as she managed to get mine yesterday (and even I cannot work out why!!)

dandysmom
12-09-2009, 08:49 PM
All I can say is that she did a super job and that you look lovely!

EmmaG
12-09-2009, 08:51 PM
I look a lot less like a yetti Eileen!!! LOL

yola
12-09-2009, 09:30 PM
They're lovely! Just what one day I hope mine will grow back into!

The other week I spent eighteen pounds on a pair of tweezers . . . they are just brilliant. They have machined steel tips which are extremely sharp and enable you to carefully select the exact hair which to pull without (a) getting half a dozen in the vicinity with it or (b) a tweezerful of skin :shock:

dandysmom
12-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Wow, Yola! I'm slightly embarrassed to say I'm still using the ones I got in high school ....

EmmaG
12-09-2009, 09:35 PM
LOL at Eileen,

What brand were they Yola? I have got a very good set of Boots tweezers they are very precise (and sharp!!)

Erin
15-09-2009, 10:52 PM
I used to have this done all the time, its great. hey get a much better shape an its so much quicker than the waxing!

EmmaG
15-09-2009, 10:54 PM
It is amazing isn't it Erin that they seem to be able to get a better shape. Out of curiosity how much did you pay for threading?

Erin
15-09-2009, 10:58 PM
I paid £9.50 the last time I had it done, that was a few years ago. I couldnt get it done inn Kidderminster, non of the salons used to do it, the nearest play was half an hour drive away so I soon grew bored of it and went back to waxing.
Never had the shape they used to since :roll:

EmmaG
15-09-2009, 11:00 PM
Ah so the price I got charged (£10) wasn't that bad (although it is a bit more common in Essex, still not many places do it)

I think I could get addicted to having them threaded, still cannot believe how much better they look.

Erin
15-09-2009, 11:02 PM
Ah so the price I got charged (£10) wasn't that bad (although it is a bit more common in Essex, still not many places do it)

I think I could get addicted to having them threaded, still cannot believe how much better they look.

Easy to get addicted to it :lol: Im on the hunt for a place here in Aberdeen that threads. My eye brows are bushes at the moment so desperately in need of finding somewhere!!

EmmaG
15-09-2009, 11:09 PM
LOL, is there a Debenhams near/in Aberdeen? they might have a brow bar in there if there is one.

Erin
15-09-2009, 11:12 PM
LOL, is there a Debenhams near/in Aberdeen? they might have a brow bar in there if there is one.

There is yes but Ive not seen them doing it in there yet. Its Debenhams where I used to get it done. Ill ask the next time I go in.

EmmaG
15-09-2009, 11:13 PM
Good idea, I am going to see if they have one in Colchester's Debenhams as it is nearer to me than the Ipswich one.

Erin
15-09-2009, 11:15 PM
Good idea, I am going to see if they have one in Colchester's Debenhams as it is nearer to me than the Ipswich one.

Kidderminster was having a Debenhams built when I left, due to open in october, sods law they will do threading in that store but not in Aberdeen :roll: :lol:

EmmaG
15-09-2009, 11:20 PM
LOL if your luck is anything like mine Erin that would certainly happen.

At work we moved into nice new offices, the same day the nice onsite coffee shop shut!!!! LOL there is a new one opened now and I think it is better than the last so perhaps it was a good thing!!

Moli
15-09-2009, 11:25 PM
I do in between waxing Eileen........

MrsH
15-09-2009, 11:26 PM
I've just discovered this thread, very interesting. A couple of questions if you don't mind indulging an old lady.

How long before they need doing again?

How long did the procedure take?

I've always had heavy eyebrows and now that I wear glasses I find that I can't focus well enough to manage them myself but as I've never been a "beauty parlour" girl, I've been putting it off. Sounds as though this is what I need!

Moli
15-09-2009, 11:28 PM
I've just discovered this thread, very interesting. A couple of questions if you don't mind indulging an old lady.

I've always had heavy eyebrows and now that I wear glasses I find that I can't focus well enough to manage them myself but as I've never been a "beauty parlour" girl, I've been putting it off. Sounds as though this is what I need!
I have mine waxed at the hairdresers MrsH, everytime I have my hair done....I am not one for beauty parlours either...

Erin
15-09-2009, 11:32 PM

I think it depends from person to person as to how long it will be before they need doing again. With me threading lasted longer than waxing.
It takes a couple of mins literally, much faster than waxing :)

MrsH
15-09-2009, 11:40 PM
Thanks for the info, there are possibilities here!

Kazz
15-03-2010, 11:41 PM
Hi

Had my eyebrows threaded today......look really good will have them done regularly this time.....took about 5 minutes from entering the shop to leaving..............£4

alexgirl73
16-03-2010, 09:05 AM
oooh, very good Karen :D But I have to be honest here and admit, I've never had waxing, plucking, threading, or any other kind of ing done to my eyebrows lol. Mine are au naturale if you like :lol:

Kazz
16-03-2010, 09:59 AM
I used to pluck mine but threading is so easy and no pain....but remember I have a high pain threshold ;)

yola
16-03-2010, 11:23 AM
I've been doing the opposite; trying to get mine to grow back! I've plucked for years and years and had little thin brows but decided I wanted a bit more substance. Do you think they would grow back? No!

It was only when I was ill last month that when I finally got around to looking in the mirror again they'd miraculously thickened up. Still need to touch up a couple of bare patches with a pencil but we're getting there!

I was speaking with the beauticians where I get my nails done and they all wax their brows; and all look very neat!

dandysmom
16-03-2010, 04:14 PM
I've always had nice thick eyebrows since I was a child, but they have thinned a bit since I went thru the change, have to touch them up now with the eyebrow pencil to keep them looking nice.

angieh
16-03-2010, 05:32 PM
I'm with Alex and have never touched mine - they are very faint anyway!