PDA

View Full Version : Dylan and the cat show (explanation)

Phoenix
04-09-2009, 03:47 PM
Basically, for those who haven't seen on the daily threads, our local cat protection are after entries for a cat show they are doing.

After finiding out as much as I can about it, and depending on when I'm working (starting a new job Monday) I may enter Dylan. If I'm working I can't because it will clash with work.

I'm undecided yet though, logging off in a minute because I've got some stuff to take to our neighbour then I'll be taking Dylan to the vets.

What do you all think, the most important thing for me is that Dylan's happy with going to a show (he isn't a good traveller by the way), so should I enter him assuming that I'm not working on that day? He absolutely adores attention though.

dandysmom
04-09-2009, 04:00 PM
He hates travel, but loves attention. How long a drive would it be to the show? If you don't need to work that day, give it a try. He's an outgoing cat who likes fuss so I suspect he'd enjoy it once he was there. Go for it!

angieh
04-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Yes, I think it really depends on how far you'd have to travel to the show, presuming of course you're not working that day. If you decide not to enter Dylan, why not go along if you can to see how things are done - that way you may want to enter him next time.

I have yet to get to a cat show, so I really don't know what goes on and how it's organised. One day perhaps.

SageCat
04-09-2009, 07:30 PM
For what it's worth I think that you should give it a try. He'll either love it or hate it ............... but at least you'll know whether that sort of thing is or isn't for him.

I used to show a British Blue, and it's great fun. She enjoyed it, I enjoyed it, and the feeling you get when you get your first rosette or cup is wonderful!

Phoenix
04-09-2009, 08:34 PM
Chances are I'd have to take him on a bus, there would be about half an hours ride on the bus, then either a walk or another ride to get to the cat show so I'm undecided.

dandysmom
04-09-2009, 08:41 PM
No chance of getting a ride? That's a bit long, especially of you have to walk part way ...amazing how heaiver they get in a carrier when you're toting it!

Phoenix
04-09-2009, 08:45 PM
No chance of getting a ride? That's a bit long, especially of you have to walk part way ...amazing how heaiver they get in a carrier when you're toting it!

Well, I don't know whether my brother will be working or not that day, if he isn't then I'll ask him for a lift there.

Phoenix
14-09-2009, 08:54 PM
Update: I've had a word with various members of my family and I've decided that I'll go to it, but because Dylan hates travelling he'd be best staying at home (he gets really miserable travelling in the car - hunches up looking really unhappy)

If there's ever a cat show in town where I live I may enter Dylan then :D

dandysmom
14-09-2009, 09:56 PM
I hope you enjoy the show, RCR. That might be the right decision about Dylan, you know your cat.

Phoenix
15-09-2009, 08:07 PM
I hope you enjoy the show, RCR. That might be the right decision about Dylan, you know your cat.

It's the way he hunches up when he's traveling that decided me DM

catwoman999
15-09-2009, 11:11 PM
Enjoy the cat show RCR!
I am sure your eyes will be wide with wonder at all the beautiful cats that you will see!
Think you made the right choice leaving Dylan at home for the moment... :D