PDA

View Full Version : Bit Annoyed

John
28-08-2009, 06:31 PM
I expect you may have read on another thread about Tommy my stray cat and the kitten from next door....the kitten has just had his bits removed. and is just old enough to be let out..well..they let the cat out this morning at 7.30am I heard it meowing and let it in. and they have just arriived home time 6pm ,the weather has been terrible ,and the kitten has been with me all day. I wouldnt mind so much but Tommy is an older cat and does ot want to keep playing..I noticed around midday that Tommy had gone out it is 6.30 now and he is still out..I hope they are not going to leave kitten out everyday..

Cats who"d have em..

dandysmom
28-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Don't blame you for being a bit annoyed! That kitten is still a bit young to be out all day in bad weather, and while it's very kind of you to let the little fellow in you shouldn't have to babysit him! Could you have a gentle word or two with them?

catwoman999
28-08-2009, 08:36 PM
Don't blame you for being a bit annoyed! That kitten is still a bit young to be out all day in bad weather, and while it's very kind of you to let the little fellow in you shouldn't have to babysit him! Could you have a gentle word two so with them?

Totally agree with Dandysmom here, very kind of you to help out the wee chap. I can understand that its hard to see him out in bad weather for nearly 12 hours.
Sounds like your cats nose is out of joint and a bit jealous of the kitten, so punishing you by staying out.

Mags
28-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Poor kitten, if your neighbour doesn't have a catflap for the kitten they should at least have somewhere the kitten could go for shelter in the bad weather ....... what on earth will they do when the cold winter weather comes..?:roll:

It was good of you to 'look after' it all those hours, John but as dandysmom says, it shouldn't be your responsibilty.

kado
28-08-2009, 08:43 PM
Its not your responsbility but i would have done the same.

dandysmom
28-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Oh I would have too, kado! I couldn't stand having a kitten out in bad weather like that. But it's obviously annoying Tommy; we don't want him to go looking for new digs!

kado
28-08-2009, 10:24 PM
Give Tommy a big hug from me.

John
29-08-2009, 10:14 AM
Gave Tommy a big hug from you Kado..Tommy came in just after I posted..I dont know what to do about the kitten, I feel I just cannot ignore him..just have to see how things work out..

kado
30-08-2009, 12:43 PM
In late july 2 more kittens where dumped again by the river in a carrier lucky they was found the next morning. They escaped about a week or so later the person who took them in said she wasnt realy bothered about them either but they was returned to her. About a fortnight ago i was talking to a villiager who lived across the road from her. They wasnt even old enough to go out. She phoned the rspca up and she said if she brought them in she would be the one doing wrong by cat-napping. She does run a pet shop no animals though and does know what she is on about. The rspca have told the woman to keep them in as they are far too young but they wont do anything else about it. I know your in a difficult dilema with Tommy but you have too do the best for him he is your first priority. Please let us know how you and Tommy gets on. I havent met tommy but he has hit a heart string

pcspik
30-08-2009, 10:25 PM
If the person who owns the kitten cannot provide a cat flap (for example they are in rented accommodation and the property owner will not allow them to do so) or the door is unsuitable for one, then I would get them to provide some kind of shelter, such as a purposely made outdoor cat house or a small dog kennel, with some bedding inside. An ordinary cat bed left outside is not suitable as the kitten needs somewhere rain and weather proof. I would speak to them as obviously like people said, Tommy is not happy.

If they are not willing to do so, then they are being irresponsible. I would then phone the RSPCA and say that it is being left out in all weathers and hopefully they will issue the owner with a warning notice.

John
30-08-2009, 10:27 PM
Hi..Tommy is looking good , I reckon he is going to go on a diet..or else he will be to fat to go through the cat flap..the cat flap is through the wall under the kitchen sink..the kitten still comes in to play with Tommy which he does not seem to mind for a short time . I still cannot understand the bruser cat, terror of the neigbourhood , letting a small kitten chase him around..I must admit a couple of times when Tommy has jumped on the kitten I had thought that he had hurt him . but as soon as he had let him go kitten is on the go again..

John
31-08-2009, 10:44 AM
aaaahhhhhgg....looked out of the window first thing this morning, and kitten is wanting to come in, next door are out again !!!!!!! ok its bank holiday monday. but they are at work allday everday leave 7.30 am arrive home 6pm ..they were out yesterday sunday and sat...why do people have pets cat or dogs if they are not at home to look after them...perhaps Im getting paranoid. lolo..

dandysmom
31-08-2009, 04:35 PM
No. not paranoid, John, just sensible. It's a shame people treat their animals like that. Apparently they cared enough to haver him neutered, but what are they thinking of letting the poor thing outside alone all day?

jan
02-09-2009, 07:07 PM
Hi John,
you sound like a very caring cat person lol - I would be doing exactly the same - just wondering if the poor kitten has been turfed out again the last couple of days - today its not stopped raining here! Poor wee thing - its not daft is it, coming over to yours. ;) I think you should maybe have a quiet word and ask them if they are going to provide any form of shelter for the poor thing to retreat to in the bad weather. Jan x