PDA

View Full Version : Quincey!

catwoman999
27-08-2009, 04:02 PM
A few weeks back, I mentioned on a thread that my mums liliac point siamese 'Apollo' was pts due a blood clot related to his having dilated cardiomyopathy at the young age of 9 in May of this year. Mum was left devastated! But a couple of months later, she really missed having a cat around the house. So, this time instead of getting a pedigree cat (health problems and too many cats in rescue already), wanted a rescue kitten. The CP turned her down flat over the phone without doing a home check because my mum would have a kitten as an indoor cat (yes we all HATE this daft policy).
Anyway, to cut a long story short I trawled the internet :oops: for a kitten for my mum (I know this is a bad thing to do, encouraging back street moggy breeding)... But we did try the proper route first, and mum had set her heart on a kitten.
Hey, Presto and here is Quincey! The people who we bought him from had allowed their children to cut his whiskers off on one side, and covered him in paint! Poor thing!
Below are some lovely pics of him, he really does look like a Gremlin!!!!! He is now 14 weeks...

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss229/jrcatwoman/Quincey.jpg

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss229/jrcatwoman/Photo-0130.jpg

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss229/jrcatwoman/Photo-0131.jpg

kado
27-08-2009, 04:18 PM
how cute. Love the name. He looks a bit like my maisey. At least he is in a loving home now.

dandysmom
27-08-2009, 04:29 PM
What a dreadful thing to do to a cat!!!! Thank heavens he's with your mum in a loving home. And magnificent whiskers!

Moli
27-08-2009, 04:32 PM
What a cutie, so pleased he is with your mum, and is now in a loving home.........
Sometimes I hate people!!!

Elaine
27-08-2009, 04:37 PM
I think CP really need to re-think their policies as it's ridiculous of them to say how over stretched they are and on the same breath not rehome a kitten because it would be an indoor cat.:twisted:
Rant over.

Quincy is absolutely gorgeous.:D Such a shame what the kids did to him, I sincerely hope they were beaten to an inch of their lives:twisted:

catwoman999
27-08-2009, 04:57 PM
What a dreadful thing to do to a cat!!!! Thank heavens he's with your mum in a loving home. And magnificent whiskers!

I went with my mum to see him, flea comb and glasses in hand lol...
The 'back street breeders' thought it was funny, when I asked why his whiskers were cut on one side, GLOSS paint down one side of him AND chewing gum stuck to an ear!!!! They thought it hilarious the kids had did that :shock: saying the kids 'love to play with the kittens'. ps. house was filthy.
Anyway, I checked thoroughly (in front of breeders lol) for fleas and earmites, but he had none :o . And very healthy!
But we took him straight to vets before taking him home!
He is soooo fearless and easy to handle, with all that man handling he got from that family, which is a good thing I suppose. Brave wee man! He settled straight away at my mums!
And Elaine, I am with you on the CP front. CRAZY!
My mum and dad live in a big bunglow, with it own private grounds in a quiet village. And they would let the kitten out on harness in the garden if he wanted. High fences and completely cat proof! But turned down flat by senseless up their own bottoms CP, without even a home check!
But as my mum said, it was fate for us to rescue this wee fellow, cause maybe nobody else would have bought him the state he was in. And then what :D
The twinkle is back in my mums eyes, that she lost in May after Apollo was pts :D

MrsH
27-08-2009, 05:47 PM
What could be nicer? Happy Mum and (now) a happy cat too! :cat1

That's one beautiful face and the facial hair will grow again, love the ear tufts. :-D What mean kids though! :evil: So glad he's out of there!

dandysmom
27-08-2009, 08:03 PM
I think CP really need to re-think their policies as it's ridiculous of them to say how over stretched they are and on the same breath not rehome a kitten because it would be an indoor cat.:twisted:
Rant over.

Quincy is absolutely gorgeous.:D Such a shame what the kids did to him, I sincerely hope they were beaten to an inch of their lives:twisted:

If I am ever faced with that in the future here, I will outright lie and say the cat/kitten will have outdoor access. Utterly absurd policy! :twisted:

dinahsmum
28-08-2009, 08:53 AM
He's a lucky cat and is going to be a handsome one, I think.

I agree wholeheartedly with the comments about CP and indoor cats

angieh
28-08-2009, 11:26 AM
What a darling! And a lucky little chap. So very glad he has a nice kind new home. Really happy for your mum.

How did they get the gloss paint off????

kado
28-08-2009, 11:35 AM
I did buy my first cat for the same reason. Because we lived in a flat at the time we wasnt allowed to have one either. That is the only reason why we brought kado non of the rescue places at the time would allow us too have one. Its such a shame

catwoman999
28-08-2009, 02:20 PM
What could be nicer? Happy Mum and (now) a happy cat too! :cat1

That's one beautiful face and the facial hair will grow again, love the ear tufts. :-D What mean kids though! :evil: So glad he's out of there!

My mum and I love the massive ear tufts also! Makes him look comical!

catwoman999
28-08-2009, 02:25 PM
What a darling! And a lucky little chap. So very glad he has a nice kind new home. Really happy for your mum.

How did they get the gloss paint off????

Mum clippered the painted fur off, VERY slowly and carefully. :-D

Saw your pic Angie on other thread, though half your face is covered by a jumper! :lol:

Hope wee Pip is doing fine today!

catwoman999
31-08-2009, 11:59 AM
My mum thanks you all for the lovely comments you have left about Quincey!
I am leaving the forum for now...
You are all lovely people on this forum, and care for your cats dearly and welcoming to newcomers.
Keep up the great work/advice.
See you soon. x

angieh
31-08-2009, 01:01 PM
Hope you won't be gone for too long catwoman. We've enjoyed your company and we need to hear how Quincey gets on too!

dandysmom
31-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Sorry you're leaving, CW! May we hope for a swift return?