PDA

View Full Version : Daily thread - Thursday

dinahsmum
27-08-2009, 09:01 AM
Here it is folks - fill your boots!

Nothing to report except the sun is shining after Bill's passage through yesterday. Aren't the leaves turning and falling? Aaargh - goodbye summer!

MrsH
27-08-2009, 09:07 AM
Hopefully it'll be a nice day here, the sun's shining anyway! Fingers crossed for anyone whose sons and daughters are receiving their GCSE results today, onwards and upwards in whatever they choose to do next.

PoshPuss
27-08-2009, 09:14 AM
Good morning all and apologies for my absence for a wee while. As you know we've had a lot of work going on here with the redesigning of our back garden and small front space. Well we're on stop for a few days, prob. til after the holiday.

Hope you are all well,I hear Yola isn't too good after her encounter with a sesame seed.:( also,hope Balie and Fifi get sorted soon.Posh has been well,we had a nail clipping session last Monday which went badly (for me):roll: another scar to show for my pains.

Visited my aunt who lost the last of her 3 cats,Wilfie,who was pts last Friday. A good age (17)but a much missed old boy:cry: she's now going to be Posh's special 'auntie' with lot of pics and letters.She said at 75 she can't get a new cat , she couldn't bear the grief of parting again.

On a happier note, a lot of the family's younger members have done well in their exams and are looking forward to bright futures. Big congrats to your young uns if they have done well too :D

PoshPuss
27-08-2009, 09:18 AM
Oh dear,I missed the thread boat :lol: seems Itook too long to write it up! And my space bar is still sticking so I have to go back and edit ...:roll:

angieh
27-08-2009, 10:14 AM
Hi everyone! Madness reigns here again this morning, as Master Pip is back to normal - see hurt leg thread!

A bit overcast, but DM is right, everything seems to be "turning" - is it early, or is it my imagination? I've finished cutting down the lavender hedge and will move on to the marjoram now that there are no flowers for the bees to feed on. I am promising myself a good Autumn clear up in the garden this year. Makes Spring much easier to enjoy. Got your bulbs ordered yet?

Have a good day everyone.

Kazz
27-08-2009, 10:18 AM
Morning all

Off out into the garden today. Sister phoned to sy weather been good in Cornwall and really enjoying it all Jack is loving it. Katie gets her results today but won't get them till she gets back from Cornwall.

Getting my hair cut and coloured today if I pluck up courage.

See you all later

dinahsmum
27-08-2009, 10:29 AM
Oh dear,I missed the thread boat :lol: seems Itook too long to write it up! And my space bar is still sticking so I have to go back and edit ...:roll:
Oh PP - and your thread opener was so much better than mine.
A kindly mod will move it, I'm sure

Good news about Pip.

I think all the (alleged) seasons are getting earlier (with notable exceptions like last year's eccentric snow in March).

Good luck with the hair Kazz - hope you are pleased with it

Donna
27-08-2009, 11:16 AM
Morning all,
Got the house to myself today (kids at their fathers), have done a quick scoot round with the tidying, and am waiting for mum and dad to arrive. We will then do the garden - dad hates sitting around with nothing to do now he is retired, so likes to keep my garden tidy lol... I dont mind!! Although he despairs of me and my "zoo" - not quite a zoo - just four rabbits, but he hates all the mess they create with bits of hay all over the place etc... oh well!

Have a good day all.

yola
27-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Hi - just a flying visit. I am recovered from my sesame adventure; took until this morning before I was feeling 100% though. Fifi's eyes are much better now (she's snoozing in the garden) and Balie's vommiting has slowed down.

Dominik had a 45 minute riding lesson today and we've just been to London to collect my Mum and bring her back so she can have a few days of 'delight' :shock: with my 2 monsters who are happy pounding each other into a pulp . . . WHAT is it with boys :?

The Reading Festival kicks off tomorrow so 80,000 young people are entering and milling around the town. The traffic coming back in was horrendous but thankfully I was able to skip through the back ways and avoid most of the queues. I love it, very buzzy with all these folk around but there are the usually miseries who annually complain. My allotment is in the next field to the festival site so we shall go down and listen to the music over the weekend . . . we even have our own security guard and dog for the duration to protect the lotties and to stop unauthorised entry to the festival site!!

dandysmom
27-08-2009, 04:22 PM
Hi all. Another delightful sunny day, 27C now, but worse is approaching for the weekend... naturally! No signs of leaf turning here, still high Summer. No shopping today so did some neglected chores and relaxing here.

PP. glad all's going well at your place (except the claw clipping!) Kazz, hope you like the new do and color; Yola, good to hear you and the cats are feeling better. Is that a music festival? Sounds as if you have good "seats" for it at the allotment. Donna, wish I could borrow your Dad! Excellent news about Pip!

May the sun shine on all!

catwoman999
27-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Here it is folks - fill your boots!

Nothing to report except the sun is shining after Bill's passage through yesterday. Aren't the leaves turning and falling? Aaargh - goodbye summer!

Was there a summer? Cos I must have missed it... lol

dandysmom
27-08-2009, 07:59 PM
You blinked, CW ! :mrgreen: