PDA

View Full Version : You are not going to believe this.....

Elaine
24-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Eva had her claws clipped today, without the use of sedatives, vets, gas or a crush cage:shock: :shock: :shock:
Was talking with Catwoman999 yesterday about the experiences with vets etc and she suggested using a crush cage rather than sedation. I called a friend last night who has a crush cage and she said that she'd pop round today with it. While she was here, she asked if she could try clipping her claws while I held her before getting the crush cage out.
SUCCESS!!!!:D
Oh Eva was not at all happy about it but my friend, Helen, is a practical farm girl with experience of ferals etc and just got on with it. She did take a bit of holding and manouvering but the job was done in 5 minutes. No one was bit or scratched.:D
It's just as i have always said, handle her with a no nonsense and confident manner.;) Now why cannt vets listen to me when I say that:roll:

Mags
24-08-2009, 05:04 PM
Good (well fairly good) girl Eva!:lol:

Does Helen do long haul trips Elaine?! :-D

Moli
24-08-2009, 05:19 PM
Maybe thats the answer Elaine, she just gets stressed at the vets.....

angieh
24-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Yes - well done. Eva did not expect anything, so although not a completely happy cat, she wasn't more stressed to start with.

A great solution.

catwoman999
24-08-2009, 07:29 PM
W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L news!!!! I am soooo happy for you and Eva...
I have always said that cats sense fear from humans, which in turn makes them harder to handle, all it takes is a confident manner, and a helping hand... job done!
Its great that you didn't even need the crusher :D
You should phone the vet, and tell of your victory!!! Shame him lol... But then I AM A TROUBLE MAKER, better not... :shock:

Elaine
24-08-2009, 08:03 PM
W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L news!!!! I am soooo happy for you and Eva...
I have always said that cats sense fear from humans, which in turn makes them harder to handle, all it takes is a confident manner, and a helping hand... job done!
Its great that you didn't even need the crusher :D
You should phone the vet, and tell of your victory!!! Shame him lol... But then I AM A TROUBLE MAKER, better not... :shock:

My thoughts exactly:lol: :lol: :lol:

dandysmom
24-08-2009, 08:17 PM
Elaine, that is unbelievable but wonderful!!

You and CW say that about a confident manner, but where can I get a spine transplant ... Leia's won't power is much stronger than my will power .....

Seriously, great news.

Phoenix
24-08-2009, 08:17 PM
Oh well done Elaine and Eva :-D Think Eva deserves a good game with her catnip mouse for that! :-D

Elaine
24-08-2009, 08:28 PM
Elaine, that is unbelievable but wonderful!!

You and CW say that about a confident manner, but where can I get a spine transplant ... Leia's won't power is much stronger than my will power .....

Seriously, great news.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I have the confidence and I am not scared of all her grumblings but on my own, I wouldnt have been able to do it. Like Leia, she's much to big and strong for me to do it alone. G tries to help but he's no good coz he makes her grumblings worse than ever coz he thinks it's funny and winds her up.:roll:

Oh well done Elaine and Eva :-D Think Eva deserves a good game with her catnip mouse for that! :-D

She does indeed but Bernie wont give up the mouse for any one;)

dinahsmum
24-08-2009, 08:38 PM
That's really good - and very suprising - news. Well done!