PDA

View Full Version : Who Has Dogs.........

Moli
23-08-2009, 01:49 PM
As well as Cats....I have 2 and am a Dogsey member too...:)

Liz
23-08-2009, 03:03 PM
Here at the Clan Cats they have their own pets the Clans 3 doggies Jazz the JRT is now 15 and her "boys" Astra Zephyr Sky a Black and White Border Collie aged 2 and Ravenhill Blazing Sunshine a Red and White Border Collie who will be 1 in September - the "boys" best friends are some of our feral cats who think the dogs are great just not the humans!

Our boys came is as puppies and the Clan ferals trained them very well in fact they both for ab couple of weeks looked like they had been playing with sharp implements - they now treat all the cats with respect and don't round up the ones who don't want top be rounded up!

I am also a member on Dogsey

Moli
23-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Goodness Liz, you certainly have a house full....They all sounds like good pals too...:)

FayRose
23-08-2009, 05:15 PM
I also have 2 dogs and am a member on Dogsey. :D

Mine are Max, a 13 year old nutty spaniel and BJ a flatulent, 8 year old, filth eating epileptic lab with elbow displasia...... and an understandably dodgy tum. :roll:

Love'em both to bits though. ;)

Moli
23-08-2009, 05:42 PM
I also have 2 dogs and am a member on Dogsey. :D

Mine are Max, a 13 year old nutty spaniel and BJ a flatulent, 8 year old, filth eating epileptic lab with elbow displasia...... and an understandably dodgy tum. :roll:

Love'em both to bits though. ;)
Love the descritption!:lol: :lol:

Kazz
23-08-2009, 05:47 PM
Can I play I don't have a cat but have a dog SBT here..called Sal also on dogsey.....

Moli
23-08-2009, 05:50 PM
Can I play I don't have a cat but have a dog SBT here..called Sal also on dogsey.....
Course you can play Kazz, you are a VIP on Catsey, cat or not...anyway you can share mine, got plenty to go round;)

Kazz
23-08-2009, 07:43 PM
Course you can play Kazz, you are a VIP on Catsey, cat or not...anyway you can share mine, got plenty to go round;)

Ta Moli.........

random
23-08-2009, 08:04 PM
Well you know me....:roll: :mrgreen:

angieh
23-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Reason for wanting to adopt a dog:

So I can play with my Dogsey chums ....... :-D

Probably not really good reason enough!!! :cry:

Tink
23-08-2009, 09:40 PM
Count me in for three dogs over here :-)

Luke
23-08-2009, 09:42 PM
And me, Florrie a common farm terrier tink who spends most of her life upside down. And the posh boy "Ricklener Alfie" aka Ralph, who despite the blue blood flowing in his veins from generations of champion show ESS and shooting dogs likes to indulge in commoner-type activies such as rolling in other's mess:roll:

FayRose
23-08-2009, 10:07 PM
.... activies such as rolling in other's mess:roll:
True spaniel ;)

Elaine
23-08-2009, 10:12 PM
Not me, too busy looking after op's dogs, I am a member on dogsey though but havent posted much.

dandysmom
23-08-2009, 10:26 PM
I was never properly socialized when young to dogs. We had a cat, grandma and aunt had cats, neighbors on both sides had a cat. Only dog in the neighborhood was an elderly bad tempered cocker that our moms told us to stay away from. I read and enjoyed the dog books, but never occurred to me to actually want a dog. Then I was bitten and had to start the painful rabies shots until the police found the dog and it had had its shot. Even in later years I knew almost no people with dogs; have been uneasy and uncomfortable around them ever since. And dogs sense fear, they can either read my body language or I'm giving off pheromones....

Sorry, I know I'm missing something, but am just not a dog person....

Hope I haven't offended anyone with this.

random
23-08-2009, 10:36 PM
I was never properly socialized when young to dogs. We had a cat, grandma and aunt had cats, neighbors on both sides had a cat. Only dog in the neighborhood was an elderly bad tempered cocker that our moms told us to stay away from. I read and enjoyed the dog books, but never occurred to me to actually want a dog. Then I was bitten and had to start the painful rabies shots until the police found the dog and it had had its shot. Even in later years I knew almost no people with dogs; have been uneasy and uncomfortable around them ever since. And dogs sense fear, they can either read my body language or I'm giving off pheromones....

Sorry, I know I'm missing something, but am just not a dog person....

Given this it's not surprising Eileen and I don't blame you, but one thing I love doing with mine is changing other's minds on dogs. Dusty and Sadie have helped a few people overcome fears of dogs. Shame you are on the other side of the pond, I think you'd take to wee Dusty after a while as she does think she is a cat, only in a dogs body. Mind I think it would be more sensible to start you off with Tucker, who thinks he is a dog, but is stuck in a cat's body! :-D

random
23-08-2009, 10:44 PM
As for sensing fear, if a dog is friendly and well behaved, it doesn't matter how frightened you are, it will not care a dot, honestly! I have a friend who hated dogs, he'd always say they could smell it on him and they all hated him but it turned out he was just reading them all wrong and dogs that wanted a cuddle or a play he thought wanted to kill him and they didn't hate him at all. He isn't a reformed dog lover by any means, but he is fine with dogs he knows (like mine) and is a lot more comfortable about seeing dogs around when out and about in his every day life. He was never brought up with dogs either and had never even stroked one 'til he met me (in his late 20s).

Kim
23-08-2009, 10:46 PM
I have 3 dogs, 2 greyhounds and a lurcher. I'm not a member on Dogsey as I tend to go onto the sighthound forums.

pinklizzy
24-08-2009, 07:53 AM
I have Kindly, although she's not very dog-like! She's much more like a cat-sleeps on the back of the sofa following the sun around, washes her face with her paws, really doesn't like going out for walks!

borderdawn
24-08-2009, 03:16 PM
Dogsey person here too!

I have 3 Border Terriers and a Papillon.

random
24-08-2009, 07:23 PM
and a Papillon.

And we never see enough of her Dawn! :-D

tilly
24-08-2009, 10:31 PM
one golden retriever called Ellen here also on dogsey

Phoenix
25-12-2009, 09:08 PM
I don't have dogs (Dylan wouldn't allow it though I'm convinced that Dylan thinks he's a dog) :roll:

Not keen on dogs to be honest ...

calismum
28-12-2009, 10:22 PM
I have 4 dogs.

Cali - my gorgeous 10 years young Golden Retriever.
3 x working collies - Linn, Nell and Jen.

Not a member of Dogsey find it hard enought t keep up on this forum.

smudgley
28-12-2009, 10:56 PM
I work with dogs every day :-D But have just one of my own. A liver FCR called Carli who is nearly 10 years old.

dandysmom
28-12-2009, 11:17 PM
What breed is an FCR? (Sorry, non-dog person here)

smudgley
28-12-2009, 11:52 PM
Flat coated retriever.

dandysmom
29-12-2009, 12:55 AM
Thanks..........