PDA

View Full Version : Pip's had his first jab

angieh
21-08-2009, 08:29 PM
The vet did warn me that it may make him sleepy .......

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc44/angieh_bucket/Pippin/P1020221.jpg
Here he is being cuddled by his grandma .....

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc44/angieh_bucket/Pippin/P1020227.jpg
and later on his daddy's lap.

Unfortunately, he has also been sick.

The vet told me that the black marks around his nose are caused by clay based cat litter and are very common in kittens. Cotton wool and water should remove them!

[sorry, not sure why the first picture has come out larger - I resized them both the same on photobucket!!!]

cats' staff
21-08-2009, 08:40 PM
Oh he is just gorgeous! How is Kizzy reacting?
Pip is a good name for him- just tell him to beware of the 'sqeak' addition- I suffered at school with that!

random
21-08-2009, 09:20 PM
PIP! I love you more pics please!

angieh
21-08-2009, 09:35 PM
Kizzy is being quite good - they have had nose to nose contact without any growling or hissing, but then when Pip went up to sniff her side, Kizzy growled at him. She is obviously interested and always comes to see what is going on when he's playing with the ping pong ball and I have tried to involve her in the game but her heart's not in it. She comes and sniffs around his crate when he's not in it too. I have every hope that they'll be OK together. Atm, I am glad I have the crate to pop him in at night, so I know he's safe and we can sleep in peace. Kizzy is still sleeping on our bed at night, although she goes out if she wants to.

She still has a certain "Queen Victoria" look about her and looks quite fierce at times, but will still be cuddled and stroked without any aggression towards us. She's still a very gentle girl with us.

On a plus side for her, she has a lovely big bit of vetbed on a chair in the spare room that she's taken to and loves to sleep on.

cats' staff
21-08-2009, 09:45 PM
That does sound very positive with Kizzy- she sounds a gentle soul and will be 'mothering' young Pip soon by the sound of it. I have had several weeks of out and out warfare before friendships are made so this sounds very hopeful.

dandysmom
21-08-2009, 10:28 PM
He is so adorable! Glad to hear the dark marks are not serious and removable. Kizzy sounds as if she's getting used to the idea of a kompanion, although slowly. Hope it won't be too long before she joins in the ping pong game. Chin tickles to both!

Kazz
21-08-2009, 10:47 PM
That is excellent progress with Kizzy her approaching him off her own bat.

Sure he will be fine I think you may notice the marks around his nose a bit I had them with Oz its being white around there too.Very noticable.

Mags
21-08-2009, 10:53 PM
Glad to hear Kizzy is slowing accepting him....:D

Moli
21-08-2009, 10:56 PM
He is such a little sweetheart...Sure Kizzy will come to love him...

dinahsmum
22-08-2009, 12:05 PM
It's all looking and sounding good.
I think Mr Pipster is going to grow into a very handsome young man and mature gentleman

catwoman999
22-08-2009, 01:45 PM
Your new arrival Pip, is gorgeous! :-D

jan
22-08-2009, 02:07 PM
Indeed he is gorgeous - I am getting quite clucky looking at his pictures ! :shock: Gorgeous little chap! Jan x

janey83
22-08-2009, 05:09 PM
He is adorable, he's got similar marking to me Leo.

HappyKatz
24-08-2009, 08:11 PM
Pip is such a precious boy - he looks to be dreaming of wonderful things :cat27