PDA

View Full Version : Maisey

kado
19-08-2009, 10:30 PM
Well i am sure she is due any day now she is huge. She has got under the bed and two seperate boxes to go in she also likes sitting on the chairs under the table. We de-flead the house with indirex yesterday and frontlined combo them all yesterday and i am going to pick up some worming stuff on saturday. She was panting opened mouth last night for about an hour or so but nothing happened. She is still eating for england. Hasnt realy meowed either. She hasnt got any milk leaking. I realy think she is around 63 days tomorrow but the vet nurse said she could go 3-4 days either way she is very clingy towards me. If she hasnt had them by monday i will take her to the vets or should i take her sooner. I need advice pls. I will be having her spayed when the kittens are 6-8 wks old as my vets said

jane

dandysmom
19-08-2009, 11:41 PM
Can't comment as I've never had a pregnant cat; hope she'll be OK and that someone with experience will be along with advice .....

Leesy
20-08-2009, 08:34 AM
Sozzzz I can`t help either as I have never had the experiance of a pregnant cat either, but like DM has said I am sure that there will be smeone along soon who can give you some helpful advice.
Hope all goes well.

kado
20-08-2009, 10:20 AM
She still hasnt had them yet. I am like an expectant father pacing the floor. Her nipples are more pink today though but no milk yet and she still has her appitite.

Mistleto's-mum
20-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Sorry can't help you either, i've never had a pregnant cat before.
Wishing you all the best

xx

kado
21-08-2009, 10:35 AM
Babies are not here yet.

angieh
21-08-2009, 11:34 AM
If she is not straining and is still eating OK, then I don't think she's quite ready. You could always phone your vet just for reassurance. Get that champagne on ice!

Not sure whether my Smudge was typical, but she did give quite a scream when her first kit was born. Just to warn you that may happen.

kado
21-08-2009, 12:06 PM
She has in the last 2 days got realy fussy with me. She has just purred her head off with me. She constantly washes her bits. Over the last wk because we had a flea problem the children have been sleeping down stairs and because we have now arricated the little blitters they have gone back upstairs and its a lot quieter for her. The vet does know she is due and i realy hope i dont have to use them. When i first took her too it she hated it and had to be wrapped up in a towel to be checked over. I will keep two of them possibly 3 if they are only 3 and if there are any more they will go to good homes only vetted by myself.

dandysmom
21-08-2009, 04:02 PM
She certainly is taking her time! Thanks for the update; hope it's soon and an easy birth!

kado
21-08-2009, 06:15 PM
Well too me she is huge. My brother who has 3 cats and also fed the neighbours pregnant cat(3 litters in 10months) said she isnt and had another wk or so left. She is so friendly and layed on her back and let him stroke her. I found her cuddled up on Guinness stomach eariler on. I wish i had my camera ready.

dandysmom
21-08-2009, 08:15 PM
So true, camera is never at hand when we need it. She sounds like a little love, so glad you took her in!