PDA

View Full Version : New boy Sam...

Moli
19-08-2009, 03:38 PM
He will be coming home within the next few weeks, the foster named him Sam...
My first Siamese was a Chocolate point boy called Sam, who was a very, very special boy, devastated when I lost him..

I am not sure about keeping this new boy as Sam....will I compare him to my first boy???
What do you think??

louise_81
19-08-2009, 03:44 PM
wait until you meet him and have had him for a couple of days, taking him name might be a homage to your Sam.

On the other hand it may make it more difficult to part with after the fostering is over....

Moli
19-08-2009, 03:47 PM
wait until you meet him and have had him for a couple of days, taking him name might be a homage to your Sam.

On the other hand it may make it more difficult to part with after the fostering is over....
I intend to keep him...;)

dinahsmum
19-08-2009, 03:49 PM
I think you will know when you meet him.
It will be difficult but you will know.
I don't think I could make a decision beforehand if I was in the same situation

Moli
19-08-2009, 03:51 PM
When I went to see him, he did remind me of my boy....same kind of nature, very cuddly and affectionate.....

dinahsmum
19-08-2009, 04:01 PM
Maybe if you start with a neutral name when you speak to/of him, like Mister or Laddie or Puss-Cat, and then see if Sam comes naturally to you? He'll know Sam of course, and that it usually means nice things when he hears it (food, cuddles, brush) but he'd adapt quickly to another 'noise' which brings the same nice things, if that's what you decide.

Moli
19-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Think I will wat till he is with me......

Leesy
19-08-2009, 09:36 PM
I think that is the right thing to do Moli because as DM says you will know when he is with you what name you will feel comfy calling him:D .

dandysmom
19-08-2009, 09:51 PM
I'd wait too, Moli. One reason I never got another pedigreed cat of the same breed was that I feared I'd keep expecting him to act the same, simply because he looked the same, and that would not have been fair to him.

Moli
19-08-2009, 09:53 PM
I know what you mean Eileen...I got Oliver simplky because he was totally different from Sam....Casper is a seal and he too is totally different in every way as well as colour...

dandysmom
19-08-2009, 10:15 PM
I could have gotten a blue or chocolate point, as Su-ling was a seal; but both Abys and Puras only come in one color...... and all of them had such strong personalities that I just didn't want to take the chance ....... silly, I suppose...

angieh
20-08-2009, 01:08 PM
You'll know Moli what you really want to do name-wise after you've settled together. The problem I've found already is that you have to have a name for the vet and insurance if you intend taking it out, which sort of speeds up the need for decision-making. But then you could always have an "official" or particular name and a pet/everyday name as per T.S. Eliot!

dandysmom
20-08-2009, 04:17 PM
So ...... is he Ozymandias or Pip at the vets?

Mistleto's-mum
20-08-2009, 09:37 PM
You know when he is home don't worry.

xx