PDA

View Full Version : The moth!

dinahsmum
17-08-2009, 11:21 AM
Oh joy - we had a visitation from a moth last night. Not a big one, or a spectacular one but it kept my boys amused for a good while.
I came out of the bathroom to find Chester standing on his hind legs with both front paws clamped firmly onto the bed. Then, just like the lovely Simon's Cat cartoon I posted recently, he peeled back one paw, whilst peering in to see if his prey was still there. Couldn't see it, so he did it again. Off flew the moth, into the window. He contemplated jumping after it and I contemplated gathering in everything breakable. Then Bentley came up and spotted the moth too. Both boys just sat there, gazing at their quarry, like peas in a pod, till we turned the light off!
Wonder if Mr Moth will still be there tonight? More sport!

Leesy
17-08-2009, 01:46 PM
LOL:lol: I would be surprised if Mr Moth was still there tonight.
Your description of Chester peeping under his paw to see if it was still there mad me laugh as that is just what Maxi and Maisy do with any butterflies they might happen to jump on in the garden.
They do look so comical when they do that don`t they?:D

angieh
17-08-2009, 01:54 PM
We had a big furry moth in the bedroom last night and I THINK Kizzy got it. Didn't see her do it - OH had been trying to save it, but it didn't co-operate. I like moths and would rather we could have got it out again, but Kizzy is so quick.

dandysmom
17-08-2009, 04:28 PM
I love a funny story like that! Misty used to do that paw-lifting thing with her flies too!