PDA

View Full Version : Help before I explode

Elaine
15-08-2009, 05:01 PM
How to deal with bad neighbours???? You know me guys, I have just about had it and want to go down stairs a kick ass!!!!
We have a young asian couple who moved in down stairs a few months back, for the last month of so they have been fighting and screaming every day!!! I am no exagerating, Erin has heard them too.
It just grates on me every time. I have asked them to keep the noise down before but obviously to no avail.
Now I want to go down and bloody well have it out with them but G said no:roll:

Donna
15-08-2009, 05:06 PM
I dont know what else to suggest if you have tried talking to them.. maybe a note through the door?

I have pikey neighbours who scream and shout their way through the day.. and then the four kids cry and fight their way through their day... just about drives me out of the house....

I feel as if I live with them cos I hear all their arguments, hear the fighting and screaming, hear the kids being shouted at. etc etc...

I feel for you.

Sequeena
15-08-2009, 05:33 PM
If you've already had a word with them and they are blatantly ignoring you I would involve the landlord (or the council).

If it's at night phone the police!

Elaine
15-08-2009, 05:35 PM
Oh Donna that sounds awful. I just wish these people would realise what kind of impact thier behaviour has on others.
G and I can fall out on occasion, actually all the time but voices are raised seldom. Sometimes fall out can happen but when it's on a daily basis....
I only came back from a house sit today and it's got to me already.
The girl does have one of those unfortunate voices that grates on me even when she isnt shouting and screaming.
Every time I hear them, I just want to run down stairs and punch them both.

Leesy
15-08-2009, 05:35 PM
I know just how you feel Elaine we have neighbours on both sides that are always shouting and being loud or the kids are shouting and being loud, it is sooooo frustrating when you just want a bit of piece and quite.:evil:

angieh
15-08-2009, 05:40 PM
I do sympathise Elaine, but can offer no helpful advise.

Erin
15-08-2009, 05:58 PM
Awwwww mate, not nice to go back to that :( I would ring environmental health see if they can do or reccomend anything

Elaine
15-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Think I will tell them that if they dont sort themselves out and I have to listen to that crap every day, I'll be calling the police and the environmental health.
The thing is these are all bought flats, so no landlords etc to complain to.

Kazz
15-08-2009, 07:53 PM
It can't just be you who is annoyed/irritated bothered...so ask the neighbours...if they have a problem. Does your flat have a "board/grop who run it? if so talk to them. Very very irritating. I imagine though if her voice grates on you then you are going from laid back to red straight off with nothing in between.The council still should be able to help...neighbour noise is a problem of the modern world.

Elaine
15-08-2009, 08:17 PM
Thanx for that Kazz, it's all quiet on the eastern front at the moment. I hope it remains like that for a while coz I'm knackered.;)

yola
16-08-2009, 12:44 PM
Just turn your loudest, most obnoxious music on REALLY loud as soon as they start rowing and turn it straight off as soon as they stop. Hopefully they'll get the message fairly quickly.

Elaine
16-08-2009, 07:12 PM
They are keeping a very low and thankfully quiet profile today.

dandysmom
16-08-2009, 08:14 PM
That's dreadful, Elaine. I agree with G that physical confrontation isn't a wise thing ... you never know with people these days ....

Do you have noise ordinances? If it's after a certain time of night you can call the police ...I had to do that years ago with a really noisy party going strong at 1 am.

Kazz
16-08-2009, 08:55 PM
You could always go out and buy a pair of really big ear defenders you know the sort they wear when working on the roads.....and put them on when you see them....Maybe they will get the hint.

CathyW
16-08-2009, 09:11 PM
lay laminated flooring. (i know what its like to live below that stuff) then wear high heels. and have a party. or just play drum n bass loudly.
or how about taking up flamenco dancing. thats a good one.

Elaine
16-08-2009, 09:51 PM
lay laminated flooring. (i know what its like to live below that stuff) then wear high heels. and have a party. or just play drum n bass loudly.
or how about taking up flamenco dancing. thats a good one.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Leesy
17-08-2009, 08:42 AM
LOL there is some really good ideas coming through, I like the idea of laminate flooring and flamenco dancing, it would sound lovely down below:lol: :lol: :lol:

Elaine
23-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Ok just to let you all know that about 15 minutes ago I SNAPPED!!!
Loads of shouting and screaming AGAIN, and I am trying to relax and watch a movie with Erin. I wrote a note and stuck it on thier door telling them to show some respect and consideration to others in the building, that I am sick of hearing them screaming daily and if it doesnt stop that I would be taking it further and calling the police and the environmental health. I also added that i'd apreciate it if they would also stop shutting my cats out in the garden.
She got the note a began screaming at the top of her voice in the landing....
Man DID i NEARLY FLY OVER THE BLOODY BANISTER AT THEM. She ran and hid but I made it very clear that I was sick of it and it had to stop. I work hard and when I come home I want to relax in my home and NOT listen to them fighting all the time.
He looked very embarrassed while she hid, she then went outside the front door and has been talking on her mobile quite loudly. Oh now I hear her sneaking back in.
Hopefully it will all stop now.

Erin
23-08-2009, 08:10 PM
What a racket that woman was making :roll:

Elaine was sooooooo good, I really did think she was going to fly over the banister at them but she remained quite calm actually, I was very impressed :lol:

I think she has just about stopped shaking with rage now!!

I hope they have got the message now and they will keep the noise down!

angieh
23-08-2009, 08:14 PM
Wow - on Erin's comments, you did yourself proud Elaine. Well done. I do so hope you get some p&q from those neighbours now.

dandysmom
23-08-2009, 08:15 PM
Wow, that could have turned into a nasty confrontation, glad you're OK. I hope at least the guy has some sense and will try to keep the noise level down ......

Moli
23-08-2009, 11:45 PM
Well done Lainey....They really sound like a load of horrors!!

SageCat
24-08-2009, 12:44 AM
Try ringing your local council and registering a Statutory Complaint.