PDA

View Full Version : Show brag

Elaine
10-08-2009, 09:40 PM
Yes, I bet you never thought that I'd ever title a thread like that eh?:lol: :lol: :lol:
Anyway, went to the Keith show yesterday and took Bruce with me. Bruce is a dog that I am currently looking after. He is a shepherd cross, ex feral from spain, half a tail and is my special dingo dog:D
I entered him into the mixed breed section just for fun and he came 3rd:D . There were only 5 entries but I was chuffed to bits and Bruce was such a good doggie until we saw the horses:roll:

Moli
10-08-2009, 09:41 PM
Conratulations Lainey & Bruce, did he get a rosette???

Elaine
10-08-2009, 09:47 PM
Yes we have a lovely yellow rosette which is currently hanging in the window of my van, will give it to the owners when they get home. I think they will be very surprised at all the places he has been in thier absence.
He doesnt get off lead coz his recall is crap, makes me feel bad for him because you cannt really tire/excersise him the same, cannt play in the garden coz he can scale the wall and run off after the deer. So I walk him lots and lots and take him to different places and with different dogs, thinking that maybe if I cannt tire him physically, maybe I can tire him mentally. Seems to be working and he has such a lovely nature.

Moli
10-08-2009, 09:50 PM
Yes we have a lovely yellow rosette which is currently hanging in the window of my van, will give it to the owners when they get home. I think they will be very surprised at all the places he has been in thier absence.
He doesnt get off lead coz his recall is crap, makes me feel bad for him because you cannt really tire/excersise him the same, cannt play in the garden coz he can scale the wall and run off after the deer. So I walk him lots and lots and take him to different places and with different dogs, thinking that maybe if I cannt tire him physically, maybe I can tire him mentally. Seems to be working and he has such a lovely nature.
Do you think working on his recall, he may get the hang of it and come back,???

Erin
10-08-2009, 09:50 PM
Clever Brucey!! Hes such a babe :)

Leesy
10-08-2009, 09:53 PM
WOW, well done Elaine and Bruce;) , I bet that you had a whale of a time.

Elaine
10-08-2009, 09:54 PM
I think it might but it would need ALOT of work and consistancy. He is a clever dog and picks things up once he understands what it is you are asking of him.

Moli
10-08-2009, 09:55 PM
I think it might but it would need ALOT of work and consistancy. He is a clever dog and picks things up once he understands what it is you are asking of him.
He sounds a really nice boy....:)

dandysmom
10-08-2009, 10:47 PM
Well done, Elaine ... and yes I was astonished at the thread title!!

angieh
10-08-2009, 10:51 PM
Well done Bruce.

Silly question this - but have you tried recalling him in Spanish?

Elaine
11-08-2009, 08:07 AM
Well done Bruce.

Silly question this - but have you tried recalling him in Spanish?

Actually I have but he payed even less attention:lol:
The owners are Scottish but lived in Spain for a while.

angieh
11-08-2009, 11:01 AM
Worth a try I guess!

Liz
11-08-2009, 11:55 AM
Elaine does he play ball - only asking cause he could come to play with Sky and Sunny who after 15 hours of ball and walkies on Saturday still want to play more

He can come to visit us if you want