PDA

View Full Version : Oh no, broken tooth, arghhhh!

random
05-08-2009, 06:40 PM
I recently had a really bad toothache so went to the dentist, which is no easy feat as I hate the place since being gassed as a kid, anyway, had a bad tooth. Well I actually had four and it's my own stupid fault for opening beer bottles with my teeth as a teenager (I know :shock: I cringe now) as they all were chipped to bits. The dentist asked had I been chewing on rocks?! :shock: Anyway, all these years later it's finally came back to bite me on the arris. I have only seen dentists temp when I really needed to for a long time as have been on the waiting list for longer than I care to remember but finally have my own dentist now, so getting it all sorted, needed 2 root canals and 2 regular fillings.

Anyway had a root canal started yesterday, then a temp filling put in, which was meant to last me 'til 27th, well today I was brushing my teeth and, rinse, spit, HALF A TOOTH IN THE SINK. :shock: So looks like that one is going to have to come out then I guess? All that work/stress yesterday for nothing? I'm fuming at the evil tooth, never even lasted 24 hours. So have to ring dentist in the morning and get an emergency appointment, it doesn't hurt as all the nerves were removed yesterday thank God but it's razor sharp, so may come away with one less tooth tomorrow, i'm gutted, i'll look like a ruddy pirate at this rate. All for being a stupid teenager eh?

Don't open beer bottles with yer teeth kids, and don't get your tongue pierced twice and your lip as they have ruined all the enamel on my teeth too.

Need to take out a mortgage for all this I think.

So all in all, feeling pretty bleh. :(

angieh
05-08-2009, 06:55 PM
OUCH, and double OUCH random. Hope you manage to get the appointment tomorrow. Good advice about not opening bottles etc.

Hope you'll look your lovely self again soon!

HappyKatz
05-08-2009, 08:56 PM
I agree ouch! I like how you said your fuming at the evil tooth lol. Sometimes teeth can be evil! Hope you get those teeth taken care of soon :-D

yola
05-08-2009, 10:16 PM
That sounds a bit of a job to get that sorted! Is it your front tooth that's gone?

I have veneers on my front 4 top teeth (vanity - had a gap and hated it), and am terrified of one of the main front ones falling off as there will be a horrid little stump of a tooth . . . would terrify and repulse me, never mind the boys!

I hope the bank balance and the nerves stand all the additional work that's going to be needed :shock: