PDA

View Full Version : "Cataire" Cat screens.

borderdawn
05-08-2009, 12:49 PM
Have to give a HUGE thumbs up to this product and the service of the company.

Rowan was sitting on the open window a couple weeks ago, he had got behind the blinds and although made no attempt to get out it concerned me greatly that they could if they wanted to. I searched the net and found "Cataire" These screens are ideal, hardly visible from the outside and fit so very easily and removed as quick! I can recommend them. They are a tad "fiddly" to put together, but its not difficult. The service was superb, arrived in a couple days.

http://www.cataire.co.uk/

Im thinking of having one for the back door too.

angieh
05-08-2009, 12:54 PM
Thanks for your recommendation Dawn - looks like a very very useful product and it's good to know they give good service.

dinahsmum
05-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Useful to know Dawn. I had heard of them but a personal recommendation is so much more useful for anyone who may search Catsey in the future

dandysmom
05-08-2009, 04:50 PM
That does look like a good product. You must feel much more comfortable now that you've installed them.

Kazz
05-08-2009, 06:46 PM
Hmm thats worth bearing in mind....nice to speak to you Dawn....thought you'd gone MIA ;)

random
05-08-2009, 06:48 PM
Excellent Dawn! I have been looking for something like this as am suffereing in with not being able to open windows more than a wee jar! Super!

random
05-08-2009, 06:51 PM
Dawn, would you mind telling me how much they are for a normal sized window and how to order them as it's a PDF file and i'm on my dad's pc while mine is AWOL and he won't let me d/l adobe reader. :lol:

borderdawn
05-08-2009, 07:11 PM
Dawn, would you mind telling me how much they are for a normal sized window and how to order them as it's a PDF file and i'm on my dad's pc while mine is AWOL and he won't let me d/l adobe reader. :lol:
Of course. :)

You have to measure the window that opens, Ive took a couple pics with my phone to help show you. The window you see is the opening window, as you can see it opens outwards from the bottom. You measure all round this window and add 5cm to the length and width. They send you it longer than what you ask for and you trim it to the exact length, just in case you got it wrong! :-D Its easy to cut with a hack saw.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/dawnieb/DSC00234800x600.jpg

I asked for velcro fixings, they come on and off easily and as you can see are hardly visible at all.

A bit closer.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/dawnieb/DSC00236800x600.jpg

What I did was email them what I wanted and he gave me the quote for everything. It cost me £43 all inc (inc delivery too) for that window.

Hope that helps.

random
05-08-2009, 07:17 PM
Excellent, thank you Dawn! That's a big help! Are they strong then? Noway the cats could pull them off or bash them up or anything? (Yes they can be a bit mad! :mrgreen:)

random
05-08-2009, 07:19 PM
Oh I could get wee ones for all the top windows too, that would be really helpful! Bit excited now about these window thingys! :shock:

borderdawn
05-08-2009, 07:23 PM
No they couldnt pull them off, they are aluminium mesh, they do other types too I think. I feel very happy with them.

random
05-08-2009, 07:36 PM
Brilliant thanks again Dawn, I think that's made up my mind, I will have to get out the measuring tape! Thanks for posting about them!

borderdawn
05-08-2009, 07:37 PM
No probs, your windows will be wide open in no time!!

pcspik
07-08-2009, 08:14 PM
Thanks for this post, after Tigger nearly escaping once I think I need to invest in some of these.