PDA

View Full Version : Leo been to vets...

Moli
03-08-2009, 11:31 PM
He started spotting blood at 8pm, as he was blocked with crystals before and spent a week in the vets, we phone the vet who wanted to see him, he is not blocked thank goodness, but there is a chance he may block up again, so he has had a cocktail of tabs, which was difficult, but we have managed to get them down, he is back at the vets tomorrow morning....

angieh
03-08-2009, 11:41 PM
How worrying Moli - hope it's just an infection that will clear up quickly. Merlin used to get those. Gentle cuddles for Leo.

yola
04-08-2009, 09:50 AM
Pat, I hope Leo's OK and that the treatment works quickly minimising pain and discomfort. Poor little fella :(

Moli
04-08-2009, 10:31 AM
He is going back to the vets at 10.50, managed to get 2 tabs down him mixing them with milk, but no success with the 3rd..
He bit my sons thumb lastnight at the vets, and its now swollen, so he has to see the doc...

angieh
04-08-2009, 10:49 AM
Oh dear Moli - your poor son. Hope Leo doesn't bite the vet this morning ............

yola
04-08-2009, 11:10 AM
Leo's the one who's impossible to pill isn't he?

Mags
04-08-2009, 12:25 PM
I hope Leo is ok this morning, Moli...

Have you ever thought of using one of these (http://www.vetuk.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=141_27) to give him his pills?

It may save Rob's fingers if he still has to give Leo tablets while you are away...;)

Moli
04-08-2009, 02:29 PM
:roll: Leo's the one who's impossible to pill isn't he?
He is the one Yola:? He went back today and they are very pleased with him, he has improved since lastnight, we were told however, if we had not responded so soon it would have been a lot worse:( I am managing to crush his pills up and put them in milk, which he loves....Think its the windows going in that has stressed him...Funny I would have though Merlin would be the one to react to that, but he is not bothered:roll:
Rob had to go to casualty, his thumb was swollen twice the size this morning, he has had a tetanus and has a box of AB's....

Moli
04-08-2009, 02:29 PM
I hope Leo is ok this morning, Moli...

Have you ever thought of using one of these (http://www.vetuk.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=141_27) to give him his pills?

It may save Rob's fingers if he still has to give Leo tablets while you are away...;)
I bought one of those this morning Mags...;)

Elaine
04-08-2009, 03:09 PM
Poor Leo, glad he's on the mend and please let us know how you get on with the pill popper.

angieh
04-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Poor Rob!

It's horrible to imagine the bacteria that lurk inside the mouths of the most protected and loved furry friend. Also hope Leo is soon well again.

random
04-08-2009, 05:10 PM
Oh bless his heart, glad he is feeling better Moli. x

dandysmom
04-08-2009, 08:11 PM
Poor Leo! Glad he's doing better and hope the pill thingy works; do let us know. And poor Rob!Bet that hurts......

borderdawn
04-08-2009, 08:46 PM
Glad he is a bit better Moli.

dandysmom
04-08-2009, 08:49 PM
Poor Rob!

It's horrible to imagine the bacteria that lurk inside the mouths of the most protected and loved furry friend. Also hope Leo is soon well again.

I've read that people bites are even worse, Angie! :shock:

angieh
04-08-2009, 09:43 PM
I've read that people bites are even worse, Angie! :shock:

I don't doubt it Eileen. Not all that common though, I'd have thought!

pinklizzy
04-08-2009, 09:47 PM
Glad Leo and your son are both feeling better! I can sympathise with the cat bite- my arm was swollen up to the shoulder on Saturday! Those teeth are great at getting all the bacteria really deep down! :shock:

Moli
04-08-2009, 09:51 PM
Glad Leo and your son are both feeling better! I can sympathise with the cat bite- my arm was swollen up to the shoulder on Saturday! Those teeth are great at getting all the bacteria really deep down! :shock:
Its amazing Liz, all Leo did was puncture his thumb, but that was enough....:? One of our vet nurses was in hospital on a drip because of a cat bite...The vet had to give Rob a note for the Doctor to prove he had been bitten, they seemed to think it was trival!:roll:

Leesy
10-08-2009, 05:24 PM
Hi Moli, how are poor Leo and Rob doing now are they both now fighting fit.:)

Moli
10-08-2009, 06:49 PM
Leo was back at the vets on Saturday he still had some irritation, they have given him some tabs and according to my son today he is back to normal....Robs finger has gone right down so he is better too...

Leesy
10-08-2009, 07:35 PM
Glad to hear that Leo is back to normal and that Rob`s finger is OK.:D