PDA

View Full Version : Maisey update

kado
02-08-2009, 02:44 PM
I just though i would give you a quick update. She is fine and her pregnancy is contuning nicely. I know that alot of you wont aggree with it but after what happened with simon i couldnt get rid of her babies i felt bad enough losing him and she has given me a little hope. She is huge i think only 2-3 babies at the most. I can feel them move like little bubbles in her tummy. The only trouble i have had with her is the food but finaly i have found a food she like and she is on kitten food now. I dont think she has got long to go now about a wk at the most. I have everything prepared she hasent made a nest but is sleeping a lot infront of the computer. She hasnt been out or tried to get out for 3 wks now which is good i can now keep a side window open. About the kittens i will defeneley keeping two and a friend who has 7 cats wants one and a neighbours adult son wants one. These people are all animal lovers. I will not let them go to anybody i dont know.

jane and expectant mum Maisey

dandysmom
02-08-2009, 04:43 PM
That's good to hear, Jane! Hope she has an easy birth; she fell on her feet when she found you!

kado
02-08-2009, 05:37 PM
thankyou. I have a vet and will take her if she needs

smudgley
02-08-2009, 06:31 PM
http://www.catsey.com/images/female.gif

(http://www.catsey.com/usercp.php?)
Posted 09-06-2009, 05:25 PM #1 (http://www.catsey.com/showpost.php?p=559958&postcount=1)
Maisey Question 1

QUOTE - BY KADO

With us deciding to keep the little angel i have a couple of questions.
The only female we had was Kay and she never called. We think she had kittens but i thought she would call straight away so could she be pregnant earler stages. I am getting her speyed either next wk or the week after as i dont want kittens and it isnt fair on her. Will they still do it if she is pregnant ?

(http://www.catsey.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=559958)

The above was posted on 9th June, which was actually 8 weeks ago. Why did you not get her spayed as you said you were?

kado
02-08-2009, 06:40 PM
because at the time i didnt have the money and nobody would help me out. When we was going to take her to the vet simon became ill. I thought i would let you all know on how she is but i wish i hadnt now. i dont deserve this or need it. She was dumped and has been seen by a vet.

smudgley
02-08-2009, 06:44 PM
because at the time i didnt have the money and nobody would help me out. When we was going to take her to the vet simon became ill. I thought i would let you all know on how she is but i wish i hadnt now. i dont deserve this or need it. She was dumped and has been seen by a vet.

Cats Protection would help you with the cost, or PDSA, or RSPCA, You ahve already said your animals get PSDA treatment anyway, or you could have kept her in to prevent this, or maybe you could have found her another home with someone who could afford to get her spayed. Sorry to sound harsh, but you take on these animals & have said in a thread that you will keep 2 of the kittens, how can you afford to if you couldn't afford to get this one spayed?

kado
02-08-2009, 06:52 PM
Yes i do you the pdsa for guinness and lucky. I used it for simon as well. I phonned the local cats protection up and they had no vouchers left also phonned the rspca up and they coulndt help either . At first i tried to find her a home with all the cat rescue charites and they are no places where i live. Every one around here are dumping animals all the time. I didnt have a car and like i said nobody would help me with her. At the time my sister was in hospital having just being diagnosed with breast cancer. I can afford all my animals now but as some people do struggle sone of the time but every thing is sorted now. She will be spayed like all my boys are as soon as she can be.

smudgley
02-08-2009, 07:18 PM
Glad to hear she will be spayed after the kittens.

Elaine
29-07-2010, 06:14 PM
Sadly Maisy was never spayed and as a result has since had another litter. Not only that but the kittens of the last litter have also had kittens.

jan
29-07-2010, 06:41 PM
I had a voucher from the Animals protection League for my last two cats to be neutered (all mine have been done as I could nt bear to let them have kittens as I would never find anyone good enough to give them to lol) I did nt know there was a limit to the vouchers as I regularly see the adverts from them. I shall ring them next week and hope to get a voucher for my new kitten when I have him and he s old enough. The Mum of my kitten comes from a nice house, nice area with expensive furniture and this one year old cat had five kittens, when I asked her owner if she was keeping one she said probably not because if she gets pregnant again it would be incest..... so I presume she is nt planning on getting her cat spayed. Yet the local RSPCA is apparently over run with kittens at the moment. And this lady just said give her ten pounds for her grand son s money box (she s in her fifty s at a guess) so she is nt selling for the money. I do hope she does get her spayed sooner rather than later though and I am not wagging a finger at anyone here to admonish them - I just feel for the mum and kittens. Jan x

borderdawn
29-07-2010, 08:44 PM
Time and time again isnt it Smudgley, you waste your breath, its pathetic. Some people dont deserve a Cat when they moan about not being able to afford this and that, then hey ho off we go again, should be ashamed of themselves. Poor Cat, and when neutering is SO cheap too.

Tanya
31-07-2010, 01:47 PM
I have three cats, three rabbits and a puppy. All of my animals have been vaccinated and all have been spayed/castrated, apart from the puppy! We are waiting for his boy bits to drop! ;) My three cats are on a Veterinary prescription diet due to the oldest cat having a very sensitive stomach. I would never have had the animals if I could not afford to vaccinate and castrate/spay them. I always make sure I have the money for this before even buy the animal.

However, I know some people do think they are doing the right thing by having another animal and not having the money. I think people DO learn from their mistakes and hopefully this will be a lesson learnt for many. :)

yola
31-07-2010, 05:47 PM
The CP vouchers don't have time limits on them - ours don't anyway so I'm not sure what you mean by 'not had any vouchers left. We will give a FREE neutering voucher to anyone on any kind of benefits, in receipt of housing support, out of work or a pensioner. That's basically ANYONE who isn't earning a reasonable amount of money and who would otherwise be able to afford the £25.00/£45.00 needed.

There is no excuse under the sun for not neutering - only apathy or some kind of condition which means there is an obsessive desire to 'collect' pets.

Please just spay the cats concerned and also make the effort to spay/neuter the kittens before you hand them over to a new home. I would say that would go some way to redressing past negligence. After all, you don't want things to go full cycle and you end up 'collecting' kittens which are offspring of those you gave away in the first place.

Elaine
31-07-2010, 06:32 PM
Think you hit the nail on the head Yola when you talk about the desire to collect pets.

Kazz
31-07-2010, 08:12 PM
Not meaning to be dense here but this thread started last year its a YEAR OLD people....has something happened that required opening it again?

alexgirl73
31-07-2010, 08:21 PM
yes Karen, Maisey has had another litter of kittens :( There's another thread about it somewhere.

Elaine
31-07-2010, 08:27 PM
Here Kazz

http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=36734