PDA

View Full Version : I've done it now...

Tink
02-08-2009, 03:28 AM
So that stray I'm feeding?
Well, she brought a friend.
Looks like Cuddles but chubbier. She's living underneath my neighbors house. I believe she had a litter there this summer.
K says they aren't nice because when he went outside and they realized he wasn't me, they hissed and spit at him. Probably cuz he's not holding the tuna:lol: They treat me just fine:lol:

Moli
02-08-2009, 10:34 AM
Looks like word has gone around, there's Tuna at Tinks house:lol: :lol:

angieh
02-08-2009, 10:44 AM
Be careful Tink - you'll have a whole tribe around at yours'! They are obviously needy cats, but I'm sure you are aware that they may have things that you don't want your own tribe catching .........

Tink
02-08-2009, 11:53 AM
Yep, I've thought of that..
I try to keep interaction to a minimum. If I pet them with just my hands, then I scrub up after. If I am feeling weak and let them jump on my lap, then I put those clothes in the wash.
My indoor kitties are treated with Frontline and up to date on vax.
I do still think about it though and hope it's good enough.

dandysmom
02-08-2009, 04:40 PM
That worried me a bit about Onyx, so I gave her a flea treatment and wormed her.

John
02-08-2009, 06:20 PM
on the second or third accasion Tommy my adopted stray came into my house , he had his meathead into a bowl of food , I gave him some Frontline..he didnt know i had done it ., by doing that I felt a lot happier, just in case he had a little family on him. :D

dandysmom
02-08-2009, 07:59 PM
I used the St. Aubrey's Liver Flavored Liquid Wormer (available at Safeway) in a tin of Fancy Feast Liver, Tink, and she gobbled it down. And I noticed after a bit she did seem to put more weight on.......

angieh
02-08-2009, 08:09 PM
I think it's fair to say that all strays will have fleas and worms. I would recommend Capstar for instant de-fleaing. I think that's what the rescue services use. Works overnight but does not kill the eggs or larvae (I think) just the adult fleas.

dandysmom
02-08-2009, 08:27 PM
The trouble with a stray is that they don't exactly have "bedding" that can be treated .......

angieh
02-08-2009, 08:28 PM
Capstar is a tablet Eileen - although I grant getting a stray to swallow a pill may be a dangerous business.

dandysmom
02-08-2009, 08:30 PM
I used the Frontline ......