PDA

View Full Version : OK Tolly, what have you lost.......?

cats' staff
22-07-2009, 09:30 PM
Tolly has spent most of the evening casually investigating various nooks and crannies in the living room. He strolls around innocently and then has a good explore under bookcases, behind cushions and under sofas. This usually means that there is a small rodent in here which sir bought in to play with and then lost........:? My money is on a field vole as that seems to be the current favourite and I think we'd have spotted a rabbit by now. Sigh, I love them to bits but don't love the hunting instinct- let's hope we spot the small furry first and can put the, well practised, rodent rescue drill in place!

Mags
22-07-2009, 09:36 PM
I hope you find the said rodent before you go to bed :lol: ....... I would never sleep knowing that was running around the house!:lol:

calismum
Don't you just hate it when they do things like that. Glad to hear you have a drill in place though - saves all the shrieking and falling over animals, humans and other things!!

We had a dog who used to wander in the room, stop dead and stare at a corner - for 99% of the time no reason at all!!!

Little dears.

angieh
I know exactly what you mean cats' staff! Kizzy brings something in very frequently and we too have a well practised rodent rescue drill (well, a tin and a mat!) if the little thing is still alive. It is worse if the creature escapes and goes to ground. Then Kizzy behaves the same as your Tolly - **now where did I leave it?** :?

I'd actually the poor thing is eaten rather than it crawls away to die and start to smell ........................... yuk! Especially if it went behind a large and hard to move bit of furniture. :(

Moli
22-07-2009, 09:37 PM
It will probably appear when you are all in bed, then you will have Tolly chasing it all night!

cats' staff
22-07-2009, 10:20 PM
It will probably appear when you are all in bed, then you will have Tolly chasing it all night!

as long as it doesn't join us.... that happened to my parents once. Mum felt something in her hair, sat up in bed to see a mouse on her pillow at which point she abruptly awoke my father (I think the screaming probably did it). He picked the mouse up which promptly bit him but Dad being a softy carried it outside and let it go. The next day his finger swelled up so much that he had go to A and E for jabs. He followed a poor man who had been savaged by an alsation and on entering the cubicle the doctor looked up and said 'ah the gentleman who has been savaged by a mouse'
The family cat kept a low profile for a few days.....

Moli
22-07-2009, 10:21 PM
as long as it doesn't join us.... that happened to my parents once. Mum felt something in her hair, sat up in bed to see a mouse on her pillow at which point she abruptly awoke my father (I think the screaming probably did it). He picked the mouse up which promptly bit him but Dad being a softy carried it outside and let it go. The next day his finger swelled up so much that he had go to A and E for jabs. He followed a poor man who had been savaged by an alsation and on entering the cubicle the doctor looked up and said 'ah the gentleman who has been savaged by a mouse'
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That made me giggle...:lol:

dandysmom
22-07-2009, 10:36 PM

ROTFL!!

When Leia loses a mouse she doesn't bother looking for it; with the dry air indoors in Winter they nummify rather than smelling ,,,and when she does find it later she drags it out someplace where I'm likely to step on it!!! This happens every Winter almost. Cats!

Moli
22-07-2009, 10:50 PM
My boys used to bring me live mice frequently, but the words got round now that mum just takes it off of whoever got it, so they have stopped bringing them in!!!

angieh
23-07-2009, 12:36 PM
My boys used to bring me live mice frequently, but the words got round now that mum just takes it off of whoever got it, so they have stopped bringing them in!!!

I think your cats are smarter than average, Moli!

dinahsmum
23-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Great stories!

We're currently 'missing' a small bird, which was, at one stage, in my OH's office and well enough to be eating (or at least messing iup a container of) bird food. But, there were blood smears, which isn't a good sign. I love Bentley to bits but ...