PDA

View Full Version : Can you remember?

angieh
21-07-2009, 02:17 PM
I am beginning to "nest build" for my new kitty - whose name is now Oz.

He will be coming straight from his mummy and litter mates and so I sort of remember someone posting info about a soft toy that you can put a warming pad (or similar) in - or maybe even a clock, so that he is soothed and doesn't feel lonely.

Can anyone remember that thread, or what the name of said soft toy is/was???

niki71uk
21-07-2009, 03:30 PM
cant it just be any soft toy.i used a toy dog for cass to lie with when i first got her,i did use a small clock for the dog when i fiorst got him at 2 mnths

dandysmom
21-07-2009, 04:51 PM
I don't recall that thread, Angie; I do remember someone posting about a pad that could be put in the microwave that would stay warm most of the night; and have heard that about a clock's tick being reassuring to them. I'd think any soft furry toy might work ....chances are Oz will want to sleep with you anyway!

dinahsmum
21-07-2009, 04:52 PM
This one Angie? (http://www.snugglesafe.co.uk/acatalog/pet_bed_heat_pad.html) - though I think he will want to sleep with Kizzie too

angieh
21-07-2009, 05:10 PM
That's not what I remember, but I still have the Snugglesafe pad that I bought for Merlin and that bed looks ever so comfy (and is quite expensive!!!) Trouble with the pad is that it is very hard and so does need quite a bit of padding to make in kitten comfy.

dinahsmum
21-07-2009, 05:21 PM
No, I remember a 'toy', complete with a soft (buckwheat?) microwaveable insert and a battery operated ' heartbeat. No sign of it on my current google searches though. I'll keep trying. Think it was called a SomethingPal?
(You can buy the bed in the link with or without the snugglesafe pad)

Mags
21-07-2009, 05:29 PM
Is it something like this (http://www.pets.cheapcat.com/cat-name-Comfort+Pals-merchant-PetPlanet.co.uk+Ltd.html) Angie?

dinahsmum
21-07-2009, 05:33 PM
I think that's more like what I remember - well done Mags!

angieh
21-07-2009, 07:08 PM
That's it I think - thanks Mags!

cats' staff
21-07-2009, 07:39 PM
Something that smells of you like an old jumper or t shirt often works as he will start to associate you with cuddles and security pretty soon. Although why Tolly sleeps on OH's dirty socks is beyond me!

dandysmom
21-07-2009, 08:00 PM
Something that smells of you like an old jumper or t shirt often works as he will start to associate you with cuddles and security pretty soon. Although why Tolly sleeps on OH's dirty socks is beyond me!

Valerian supposedly smells like dirty socks!!! :-D

angieh
21-07-2009, 08:15 PM
I found this (http://www.petsathome.com/find/category-is-2+dog/category-is-2j+toys/category-is-2J03+Comfort+and+cuddles/product-is-15036), which does not seem to have a similar product for kittens, but is a much better price! The reviews for the cuddly toys with the heartbeat were very poor - the digital heartbeat gave up very quickly. I do so hope that the kitten and Kizzy will take to each other very quickly, so this is just something to keep him stress free and comfy in the short term (I hope).

OH's dirty socks? Tolly ........... euh, really!!!

dinahsmum
22-07-2009, 11:05 AM
Angie - I think we all get into a bit of a panic at the thought of a new 'baby' in the house and what we will need/need to do etc etc but really, as Lennon & McCartney would say 'All they need is love'. Really, as long as you love them and look out for them, they will get on with it and settle in.
Kittens are much easier to settle than puppies - and they'll sleep anywhere once they've tired themselves eating, playing and toileting (oh - and washing too; so cute!). Look at baby Bentley on his first day here - we hadn't even put the carrier away

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v393/Dinahsmum/DSC01450-1.jpg

angieh
22-07-2009, 11:50 AM
That is such a lovely picture of baby Bentley! He's just yummy!

I'm not panicking, really DM - just want to be prepared and have provisions in place IN CASE Kizzy and kit don't hit it off! He'll be loved - no worries!

dandysmom
22-07-2009, 04:05 PM
Being prepared and thinking of "what if's" is always prudent, I think. Probably 99% of what we worry about doesn't happen, but it's comforting to have a plan.

angieh
22-07-2009, 04:11 PM
Thanks Eileen - that's the way I look at it. Also, if you have no worries about practicalities, you feel comfy yourself which must pass calm vibes to a small animal. No good rushing around and being stressed when the wee creature just needs love and calmness in which to settle down.

pinklizzy
22-07-2009, 08:06 PM
Angie, I have one of those which I will happily post to you if you'd like?

angieh
22-07-2009, 08:29 PM
Sorry Liz, one of which?????

pinklizzy
22-07-2009, 08:58 PM
Sorry Liz, one of which?????

Sorry Angie! It's been a long day :oops: One of the cuddle pal things with the removable heat bag. ;)

angieh
22-07-2009, 09:03 PM
Do you not need it any more? If not, that would be absolutely wonderful. Do you still have my address?

pinklizzy
22-07-2009, 09:11 PM
I used it more when I was hand-rearing kittens, something I no longer have the opportunity to do unfortunately. I'll pop it in the post to you as soon as I get a chance to get to the post office. I still have your address. :D

angieh
22-07-2009, 09:26 PM
That's really kind of you Liz. No rush - kitten won't be here at least for another couple of weeks.

jan
23-07-2009, 09:40 PM
Cant wait to see some pics Angie! ;) Jan x