PDA

View Full Version : time limit?

niki71uk
19-07-2009, 10:42 PM
not that im wanting it any time soon,but wots the time limit,u should give,if a cat u have dies,to get another one????

i guess im asking coz my older cat is nearly 16 and the younger one nearly 16mnths old,she's still young enough to accept another cat,like i guess he was too old to accept the same:roll:

Mags
19-07-2009, 10:51 PM
I think it depends on the actual person Niki, in your case it will be how you feel at that time.

Some people feel they can get another cat straight away and with others it will be the last thing on their minds.

dandysmom
19-07-2009, 10:58 PM
That's a completely individual decision that no one but you can make. You will know when you feel it's the correct time. Don't pay attention to what others say, go with your heart.

niki71uk
19-07-2009, 11:22 PM
IF i do an i mean IF i aint telling my family,they think im mad as it is having my 3,but as i pointed out to my gran b4 she died,they r like my kids,and some parents dont just have 1 kid,do they !!!!!!

kado
20-07-2009, 12:22 AM
Only you know when you can except another cat in too your life. We lost kay a week after her 2nd birthday last may and my 3 other cats at the time just sat around in a cirlcle just looking at the food dishes. So 2 days later i was going to get 1 girl cat but came back with 3 brothers i just couldnt stand the quiet . On the 10th of july i lost my belvoed boy Simon. Everbody tells me not to get anymore and replace him but it ease's the pain but at the moment i cant but i would feel so guilty.

MadCatLady
20-07-2009, 03:09 AM
Only you know when you can except another cat in too your life. We lost kay a week after her 2nd birthday last may and my 3 other cats at the time just sat around in a cirlcle just looking at the food dishes. So 2 days later i was going to get 1 girl cat but came back with 3 brothers i just couldnt stand the quiet . On the 10th of july i lost my belvoed boy Simon. Everbody tells me not to get anymore and replace him but it ease's the pain but at the moment i cant but i would feel so guilty.

Poppycock!!! Your choice!! So long as the animals are looked after properly....? :roll:

yola
20-07-2009, 09:26 AM
Everyone needs to trust their own judgement on this and not be pressured or influenced one way or the other by 3rd parties. It's a very personal decision on whether to fill that gap right away or to wait until initial pain has subsided. It's whatever feels right for you Niki - however I might say that 16 years isn't that old - your cat may surprise you and be around for a good few years yet!

niki71uk
20-07-2009, 10:09 AM
anno yola lol he will live another 10 yrs just to spite me lol

then cass may then be too old for me to get another coz she will be set in her ways like he is :lol: and so it goes on...........