PDA

View Full Version : Avocado Pear Plant........

Moli
19-07-2009, 04:22 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/molidoodle/DSC01683.jpg

dandysmom
19-07-2009, 04:25 PM
What a nice healthy avocado tree, Moli! Thanks for the pic; I miss mine. I need to find someone to give me a pit!

Mags
19-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Such healthy looking plants Moli ........... am I correct in thinking the avocado is the one on the right?

yola
19-07-2009, 07:24 PM
Wow!! Lovely shrub! The closest my ex got was a stick with 2 leaves on it growing from the kernel.

When we were in the Dominican Republic there was a huge tree outside our apartment which was laden with masses of fruit. Has yours borne anything yet Moli?

Moli
19-07-2009, 07:32 PM
Such healthy looking plants Moli ........... am I correct in thinking the avocado is the one on the right?
Yes Mags its the one on the right;)

Moli
19-07-2009, 07:33 PM
Wow!! Lovely shrub! The closest my ex got was a stick with 2 leaves on it growing from the kernel.

When we were in the Dominican Republic there was a huge tree outside our apartment which was laden with masses of fruit. Has yours borne anything yet Moli?
That is 4 stones grown together, I only planted them last year, but as yet no fruit...:?

angieh
19-07-2009, 07:37 PM
WOW! You do have green fingers Moli ......... I did once manage to get an avocado to sprout and grew it about a foot high, and then it died. Have you ever tried ginger? I got mine about 6 ins high and then it died. Notice a recurring theme here at all?

Moli
19-07-2009, 07:39 PM
WOW! You do have green fingers Moli ......... I did once manage to get an avocado to sprout and grew it about a foot high, and then it died. Have you ever tried ginger? I got mine about 6 ins high and then it died. Notice a recurring theme here at all?
Never tried Ginger, another one for me to have a go at...Thanks Angie....

I pinch out the tips of that plant regularly, so it bushes out rather than grows too tall..........

angieh
19-07-2009, 07:43 PM
What I would really like .............. there may be such a book already ............ please let me know if you know of one ........ a book with pictures of exotic (well, non native English) fruit growing on its plant in its natural habitat. I am sure that such a book would have a very wide audience and be very educational!

calismum
19-07-2009, 07:49 PM
The only one I tried died too. I am so impressed - looks really healthy.

dandysmom
19-07-2009, 07:53 PM
I'd enjoy a book like that also .... and think I'll give ginger a try!