PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got HD TV?

Kazz
18-07-2009, 12:07 PM
Hello has anyone got HD TV is it worth it, do you see a difference?

Moli
18-07-2009, 04:36 PM
We have it Kazz, and quite honestly do not see any difference...

angieh
19-07-2009, 12:02 PM
Sorry, don't have it here.

dandysmom
19-07-2009, 04:49 PM
Oooh, Kazz, you have pushed my button! The change here from analog to digital was mandantory here on June 12th and I absolutely HATE it! I had to buy two new TVs as I couldn't figure out the instructions for connecting a converter box. The kitchen TV won't bring in my two favorite channels no matter how many times I rescan and fiddle with the antenna. The bedroom one does, but the color is off, I try adjusting it but have pretty much given up and live with greenish people! I can get more channels now, only one (a cooking show) of which is interesting. And the signal breaks up fairly frequently into a mess of colored pixels. Oh how I miss my analog TV!!!

mattde
20-07-2009, 09:58 AM
HDTV is amazing, far better quality than SD TV

We don't pay for sky HD as its far too expensive.
We have a free sat box at the moment , one of cost of £100 gets you bbc HD and ITV HD sometimes. (Hopefully one day more channels will go HD)

Picture quality is amazing, and sound quality is also great.
If you like animal documentary's like planet earth or blue planet its a must. Makes loads of difference to the viewing experience .
Of course its only worth getting if you have a HD TV .
Get a nice 37" for about £300 now days.

We also have a computer plugged into the TV for playing HD content, music, photos , and quick internet browsing from the sofa.