PDA

View Full Version : Stray kitten!

pinklizzy
14-07-2009, 09:14 PM
My bosses are going to kill me, or sack me! We have another homeless animal in the practice ;)
A woman came in today with a huge box (don't know why people always bring such big boxes) saying she had a feral kitten. She owns a caravan park and people were telling her they could hear a cat stuck in a tree but they couldn't locate it. Today they realised that it was a kitten and he was stuck down a drain, about 4 ft down :(
She's allergic to cats so had just bundled him into the box after her son rescued him. In I went, wearing the gauntlets :shock: only to pick up a little purring, if scared bundle! Promptly took off the gloves and gave the poor thing a hug! Settled him in a warm bed and gave him some food. Just so glad they found him when they did as we've had more or less torrential rain all afternoon, dread to think what would have happend to the poor little mite :shock:
Sooo now we have a approx 10 old kitten living in our isolation kennel, I've paid for some worm and flea treatment for him and we need to find him a good home, before the bosses find out!
I'll try and get some pics of him tomorrow, I know how we all like pics!

Moli
14-07-2009, 09:18 PM
Poor little mite, what made her think he was feral????Sure you will find him a lovely warm new home Liz...Love pictures..........

Mags
14-07-2009, 09:20 PM
Bless you for taking him in Liz, what an awful thought of him being outdoors in torrential rain...:(

Will look forward to pics of the little fella...:D

angieh
14-07-2009, 09:22 PM
Bless you Liz! Poor wee mite wouldn't have made it with all this rain. Look forward to pictures. If your practice needs someone else to sponsor the kitten until you can find a home - give me a PM.

yola
14-07-2009, 09:40 PM
Bless you Liz for helping this fella. I'm sure the practice can stand a cage being utilized for a short while until a home is found . . . after all, being in the care business they must be used to balancing profit with gestures of selfless kindness - good PR if nothing else.

pinklizzy
14-07-2009, 09:57 PM
Thanks Angie, hopefully he'll be covered for everything he needs but it's a very kind.
Yola, I was really only kidding about the bosses, even our grumpiest partner is a sucker for little tiny kitties! I caught him on numerous occassion snuggling with the last kitten we had in (Haggis who went to live in Edinburgh)
I'm not sure why they thought he was feral, probably just because he was so scared after being stuck in the drain. He is fine with being handled though and is playing with some of Imogen's old toys.

dandysmom
14-07-2009, 10:31 PM
I shudder to think what might have happened! Give that wee one a cuddle from me, bless him!

dinahsmum
15-07-2009, 07:07 AM
How did the poor little thing find himself there?
Hope he's doing well this morning and that you either find his original people or find him a nice home (How about the local paper doing a little feature - good publicity for the practice and lots of nice people wanting to adopt?)

pookyandjo
15-07-2009, 11:58 AM
maybe he should be called lucky.... her certainly sound like he is very lucky that he was plucked out when he was... yes please to pic... we all love pics:)

dandysmom
15-07-2009, 04:19 PM
Definitely pics, please!

calismum
15-07-2009, 10:03 PM
Pics please :)

What a lucky baby.

pinklizzy
15-07-2009, 10:12 PM
I have a pic, just one from my mobile. I'll put it up tomorrow night I promise,I'm heading off to bed now to recover from a particularly horrid day at work :(

Moli
15-07-2009, 10:13 PM
Night Liz, sleep well........

smudgley
15-07-2009, 10:16 PM
If you can get the little man to the Midlands, we'll take him in & rehome him for you :) The offers there if you need it. :cool:

pinklizzy
16-07-2009, 09:15 PM
Ok as promised, here is 'Piper'!

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff73/pinklizzy_photo/15072009099.jpg

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff73/pinklizzy_photo/15072009095.jpg

Sorry, not the clearest of pictures! We might have found him a new home actually with one of our clients who lost their old cat a few weeks ago. Lovely people :-D

dandysmom
16-07-2009, 09:33 PM
What a little poppet! He is a miracle baby being rescued from that drain; hope your clients decide to give him a forever home!

Kazz
16-07-2009, 09:38 PM
Okay I am in love with the little black kitten, glad a home may have been found.

Moli
16-07-2009, 09:43 PM
Bless him, he is just so cute.....! Little innocent face..

pinklizzy
16-07-2009, 09:47 PM
He is very sweet! He's now living with one of our student nurses, getting used to living in a domestic setting and is having lots of cuddles. Our clients are going away for a week so we get to keep him for a little while!

dandysmom
16-07-2009, 09:52 PM
By the time Piper goes to his new home he is going to be one thoroughly spoiled kitten, bless him!

yola
16-07-2009, 09:55 PM
This is sounding extremely good :D I hope Piper (ummm - not many brownie points for the name ;) ) has his new, permanent home sorted very soon.

pinklizzy
16-07-2009, 10:15 PM
This is sounding extremely good :D I hope Piper (ummm - not many brownie points for the name ;) ) has his new, permanent home sorted very soon.

:-D Believe me, it was one of the girl's better suggestions!

Mags
16-07-2009, 10:24 PM
What a little darling! :D

angieh
16-07-2009, 10:36 PM
I think Piper is cute - name not too bad either. I'm thinking of the witches in Charmed here!

So glad you may have found a lovely home for him. Another case of Kismet, I think.

kado
16-07-2009, 10:37 PM
I love him too. He is like guinness was a kitten

angieh
21-07-2009, 02:20 PM
Did the nice people take Piper in, Liz???

pinklizzy
21-07-2009, 06:50 PM
They are going to take him Angie, we still have him at the moment as they are on holiday until Monday and need to get things organised for him beforehand. For now he is living with one of our student nurses, getting used to all the usual noises etc and growing like a weed!