PDA

View Full Version : Cacti Seedlings.......

Moli
14-07-2009, 08:11 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/molidoodle/DSC01654.jpg

Mags
14-07-2009, 08:14 PM
Are those all from one cactus Moli? :shock:

Moli
14-07-2009, 08:20 PM
Are those all from one cactus Moli? :shock:
They are grown from seeds Mags, bought a packet of seeds, and just chucked them in the pot, forgot about them till the other day, and looks like they have all germinated...:roll:

Mags
14-07-2009, 08:25 PM
Must admit I've never seen them grown from seed before...:lol:

Moli
14-07-2009, 08:27 PM
Must admit I've never seen them grown from seed before...:lol:
First time I have tried it Mags, I have kiwi plants and fig plants growing too, all from fruits I bought....

Mags
14-07-2009, 08:32 PM
Very adventurous :D

Moli
14-07-2009, 08:33 PM
Very adventurous :D
Love trying different things, my conservatory is perfect for exotic things....:D

dandysmom
14-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Wish I had room for a conservatory! Those baby cacti are very cute little things, hope they flourish for you. I did orange geraniums from seed this year and they're getting big; not ready to bloom yet as I started them late. I wonder if those babies will be diffcult to repot when they're larger?

Moli
14-07-2009, 08:56 PM
Wish I had room for a conservatory! Those baby cacti are very cute little things, hope they flourish for you. I did orange geraniums from seed this year and they're getting big; not ready to bloom yet as I started them late. I wonder if those babies will be diffcult to repot when they're larger?
I will probably just repot the lot into a bigger pot Eileen, that way will save space.....;)

dinahsmum
15-07-2009, 07:03 AM
Now why doesn't that picture display for me?

Moli - have you tried growing a sweet potato? They make an interesting vine type plant for a while, till they get spindly and nasty. A good method is in a hyacinth bulb vase.

Moli
15-07-2009, 08:33 AM
Now why doesn't that picture display for me?

Moli - have you tried growing a sweet potato? They make an interesting vine type plant for a while, till they get spindly and nasty. A good methos is in a hyacinth bulb vase.
Thanks DM, will definitely try that...:)

dinahsmum
15-07-2009, 08:48 AM
I can see the baby cacti now. They look like little aliens don't they? Looks like you have at least a couple of varieties.
If you don't want them all, once they are grown on a bit, they will be a hit at a 'bring & buy' - does CP have coffee mornings etc up your way?

Moli
15-07-2009, 09:01 AM
I can see the bay cacti now. They look like little aliens don't they? Looks like you have at least a couple of varieties.
If you don't want them all, once they are grown on a bit, they will be a hit at a 'bring & buy' - does CP have coffee mornings etc up your way?
Thats another good idea...;) Most of my friends are not into plants like I am, so have trouble giving them away...;)

dandysmom
15-07-2009, 04:15 PM
Do try the sweet potato, Moli, I've done that and they do make a very nice plant. Also have you tried an avocado pit? A friend who likes avocados (I don't) used to save me her pits and I had several nice little trees!

Moli
15-07-2009, 04:28 PM
Do try the sweet potato, Moli, I've done that and they do make a very nice plant. Also have you tried an avocado pit? A friend who likes avocados (I don't) used to save me her pits and I had several nice little trees!
I have a huge avocado tree Eileen, grown from 4 stones in one pot...:)

dandysmom
15-07-2009, 04:34 PM
I'd love to see a pic of that!

Moli
15-07-2009, 06:07 PM
I'd love to see a pic of that!
Will post it when PB stops playing up:roll: was fine earlier too:mad:

calismum
15-07-2009, 09:44 PM
They are great. I agree there are a couple of varieties there. If you do want to put them in wee pots to sell on then a strip of newspaper folded and wrapped round tames them a bit!