PDA

View Full Version : Sal's rear right foot day out

Kazz
14-07-2009, 05:59 PM
Well been to the vet with Sal and her rear right foot....well couldn't really go without the foot...........:roll: ..........or the dog and just the foot so the dog and all four feet accompanied me for the 2.30 appointment.

...we were greeted by the whole team (I swear) of vet nurses/receptionists linning up to get a fuss :smt052 but as normal Sal was polite with all of them then fell over sideways at her favourite the receptionist :bighug: Diane....

My dog is in love with all things :smt049 veterinary :smt049

Anyhow her foot has nothing in it nothing you can see or feel in it no cuts/thorns/callouses/grass seeds; nothing and not sure what set it off but the inflamation appears to now be being irritated by my own stupid dog licking her own foot to death....:smt115 so she had a jab of antibiotic, some tablets one twice a day, and some advocet (spelling) a spot on treatment in case she gets an something.... also weirdly she had her glands checked....:shock: The dog is well jabs, tablets, drop on stuff....I am in shock and £66 lighter in the bank balance.
:shock::shock:

Anyhow once we fought past the gauntlet of vets nurses receptionists etc we got into the surgery waiting room; I was pleased to see the dog still at the end of the lead at times I have to watch they don't just steal her (she'd go) and leave me with an empty lead.

Anyhow I digress due to the appointment system rarely many in waiting room, so there was a cat in basket who went in - complete with owner who carried the basket obviously the cat and basket did not go in on their own.

Anyhow in the waiting room was guess what...okay you won't get it so I'll tell you.......................Yeap thats right.........as Staffie pup 12 weeks old and stunning...she was white with black patches....lovely pup and so lively she had had her jabs and back for worming tablet....nice lady owner who had an elderly Staff at home.
The pup jumped around Sal who just lay down Staffie style legs out the back and let the pup jump all over her, giving the pup the old Staffie head nudge which knocked pup over ..... pup was about the size of Sal's head (maybe a bit more but lovely)....so that entertained the pup while she waited to the "Ohhs and Ahhhhss" of the vet staff.

So thats Sal sorted have to go back in 10 days when tablets stop if no better or the same...I hope it will be better I will attempt to stop stupid from licking her foot and encourage her to lick mine instead.....:) as my treatment is cheaper on the NHS

Karen and her day out with dogs right foot....and the rest of the dog....

Leesy
14-07-2009, 06:52 PM
It sounds like a fantastic day was had by all:lol: :lol: ,lots of loving and playing, it can`t get any better than that can it;)

Mags
14-07-2009, 06:58 PM
Glad there's nothing seriously wrong with Sal's leg but I had to laugh, Kazz .........it's the way you tell it!:lol:

Kazz
14-07-2009, 07:13 PM
Glad there's nothing seriously wrong with Sal's leg but I had to laugh, Kazz .........it's the way you tell it!:lol:

Really why......................? have amended my spelling now.:-D I thunk I did anyhow ;)

Moli
14-07-2009, 07:21 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: What a story, love your stories allways make me laugh, so pleased Sal foot is not too bad, and hope the tabs work.....Bet you were tempted to put the staff pup in your pocket;) Nothing like a little tubby staffie pup.....:)

Kazz
14-07-2009, 07:28 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: What a story, love your stories allways make me laugh, so pleased Sal foot is not too bad, and hope the tabs work.....Bet you were tempted to put the staff pup in your pocket;) Nothing like a little tubby staffie pup.....:)

Not tempted at all actually...I am more a dog person than a puppy/kitten person...........she was lovely though and called Dice......quite apt being black and white.

What is it with my stories I give basic information in a clear concise way...... don't I?:shock:

Moli
14-07-2009, 07:36 PM
Not tempted at all actually...I am more a dog person than a puppy/kitten person...........she was lovely though and called Dice......quite apt being black and white.

What is it with my stories I give basic information in a clear concise way...... don't I?:shock:
You do Kazz, always with a touch of humour in them too;)

dandysmom
14-07-2009, 08:00 PM
You do have a way with words, Kazz!

Can you put a sock on her foot to keep her from licking it, or would she have it off in a nanosec?

Elaine
14-07-2009, 08:11 PM
Love that way you tell the tale Kazz, made me laugh out loud:lol: . Poor Sal, hope her paw heals soon xxx

Kazz
14-07-2009, 08:27 PM
You do have a way with words, Kazz!

Can you put a sock on her foot to keep her from licking it, or would she have it off in a nanosec?

Eileen she would have it off quicker than I could get it onto her foot....:roll: ............in fact quicker.........

angieh
14-07-2009, 09:41 PM
Loved this Staffy tail, Kazz! Do hope Sal's foot is right and proper soon. Thanks for making me laugh.

dinahsmum
15-07-2009, 06:59 AM
If only all animals enjoyed their trips to the vet as much as Sal obviously did!
And we enjoyed the account of her visit too.
Hope she gets bored with chewing her own foot soon (though I must say I know staffie who can often be found with her lower leg clasped between her gnashers - one is tempted to shout "don't crunch, don't crunch!")

alexgirl73
15-07-2009, 07:21 AM
What a lovely way to start my day :D A lovely tale of Sal and some humour from Karen, brilliant :)