PDA

View Full Version : Black Cats (weird coincidence)

Leesy
13-07-2009, 03:29 PM
There is all this talk about Black Cats at the moment, well last weekend a little Black kitten appeared at the front of our house, I think she is around 10months old the same as Maisy Moo.
So of course I have asked around the avenue and sourounding area if anybody knows who she belonges to but nobody knows or is owning up to anything.
Well we have been feeding her all week as she is such a skinny little thing and so hungry.
On Friday she was camped outside our front door trying to come in, she is such a little cutie and so friendly I decided that I was going to take her through to our vets to see if she was chipped but she isn`t. They work with the RSPCA so they said that they would get in touch with them to take her in and check her over etc. not sure if she is in the early stages of pregnancy as her belly seemed swollen and her teats were larger than normal.
Well any way I have grown really attached to her and asked if as we are going on holiday on Wednesday if we could get in touch with the RSPCA when we get back to see if we can rehome her and they have sent a note along with her of our details to phone us when we get back off our hols, and to reserve her for us.
She is all black and is soooooo gorgeous, she looks just like a black panther with big amber eyes:D :D

Elaine
13-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Aww bless her, poor baby. I hope the RSPCA heed the note from the vet.

Leesy
13-07-2009, 03:49 PM
Aww bless her, poor baby. I hope the RSPCA heed the note from the vet.

So do I Elaine as she is adorable and both me and my OH would be gutted if she wasn`t there for us to rehome when we get back. But the nurse at the vets was confident that we would beable to rehome her when we got back, so fingers crossed.:D

angieh
13-07-2009, 03:50 PM
Oh Leesy ......... what a coincidence! As Elaine says, I do hope the RSPCA takes note of the vet's note, but if they work together fingers crossed they will. What a lucky little black catty - :lol:

Leesy
13-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Thanks Angie we have been browsing the internet for female black kitty names for her, so far we like Midnight and Mafdet(Maftet) it is spelt two different ways but it means-Egyptian goddess usually depicted as a woman with the head of a Panther. We thought this really suited her as she looks just like a little Panther. We could shorten it to Maffi which I thought would be nice.
So any suggestions anyone.:D

dinahsmum
13-07-2009, 03:57 PM
She's going to be a lucky little thing.
I hope she isn't pregnant but it sounds a bit suspicious

Leesy
13-07-2009, 04:07 PM
She's going to be a lucky little thing.
I hope she isn't pregnant but it sounds a bit suspicious

So do I DM, the nurse did say that if she is only in the early stages the vet would prob neuter her but if she is further on they would let her have the kittens but they would obviously need to keep her in longer until the kittens were weaned, but we can wait if thats the case:D

dandysmom
13-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Oh I do so hope it works out for you and that you'll be able to get her! What a lucky little girl she was to have found you. I like Maffi, unusual name, and fits her coloring. How,long will you be on holiday?

MrsH
13-07-2009, 05:01 PM
Hope you get to keep her when you get back!

One of our black cats looked (well to us anyway!) rather Ancient Egyptianish so we called her Cleo. Our 1st black cat we called Penny after the first postage stamp the Penny Black. I blame OH!

Leesy
13-07-2009, 05:04 PM
Oh I do so hope it works out for you and that you'll be able to get her! What a lucky little girl she was to have found you. I like Maffi, unusual name, and fits her coloring. How,long will you be on holiday?

Well be on holiday for a fortnight DM, it was a bit of bad timing really her arriving on our doorstep just before we go on our hols, so hopefully it will all work out:D
Yes I like Maffi as well, it is my first choice.

Leesy
13-07-2009, 05:18 PM
Hope you get to keep her when you get back!

One of our black cats looked (well to us anyway!) rather Ancient Egyptianish so we called her Cleo. Our 1st black cat we called Penny after the first postage stamp the Penny Black. I blame OH!

Thanks MrsH, she does look vey Egyptianish so she definatly looks like she has the oriental breed in her.

calismum
13-07-2009, 08:12 PM
Love the name Maffi. What a lucky girl. I do hope she is there for you when you come home.

Leesy
13-07-2009, 09:32 PM
Fingers crossed CM:D